Anybody else have an MJ and and XJ?

TexanEliminator

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a KJ, the XJ's chubbier and cuter younger cousin :D   And right now the CRDJ is getting all the money and attention while the MJ languishes. 

technically I do have an XJ.  but it's sole purpose right now is to sit at my grandmother's house to make it look like someone lives there (she has no garage and so there's never a car at the house at night unless I'm in town).  the pass side is smashed in and the previous owner melted piston #2 somehow.  eventually it'll likely be a donor for a obd2 swap into an MJ.

576780_669345733080848_1521564128_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I've got a KJ, the XJ's chubbier and cuter younger cousin :D   And right now the CRDJ is getting all the money and attention while the MJ languishes. 

technically I do have an XJ.  but it's sole purpose right now is to sit at my grandmother's house to make it look like someone lives there (she has no garage and so there's never a car at the house at night unless I'm in town).  the pass side is smashed in and the previous owner melted piston #2 somehow.  eventually it'll likely be a donor for a obd2 swap into an MJ.

576780_669345733080848_1521564128_n.jpg

I’ve had 2 crds myself. I loved them both but they sure took every dime I got to stay running! Here’s my most recent one

A1CCE2BF-84D1-4507-B96F-14DB8E899B81.jpeg

What do I own....boy that takes some thinking...

87 VW Vanagon Syncro

88 MJ

93 300zx Twin Turbo Convertible

96 300zx Twin Turbo

00 XJ Freedom

05 KJ CRD owned since 06

05 KJ with lift and goodies for my Dad to drive

Plus a parts car 91 300zx tt

plus a parts car 87 vanagon westfalia

And the most recent addition not yet at the house, 1985 Land Rover Defender 110.

I swear I forgot something too.

1 hour ago, TexanEliminator said:

I’ve had 2 crds myself. I loved them both but they sure took every dime I got to stay running! Here’s my most recent one

A1CCE2BF-84D1-4507-B96F-14DB8E899B81.jpeg

ours has been... relatively inexpensive so far.  I've heard lots of horror stories for sure. :crazy:  But I'm staring at a big project in the near future as I replace most of the aged suspension.  :(  on the other hand I'm adding a lift at the same time so it's all good :D   I love that tractor!  

Two MJs, an XJ, and a ZJ. image.jpeg.000f8973d24f97e70f165109dfb91432.jpeg

And the Lada. The XJ is hiding in the garage. 

My first MJ and the Niva are probably the ones I feel worst about neglecting. They both need work to pass inspections to reregister after moving. The XJ I guess is neglected too, but it's planned to be parted out. 

The five-speed ZJ gets attention cause it's my daily. The little MJ was supposed to be a daily driver but then I found a melted piston. 

4 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

What's wrong with the XJ, and what do you think you might be asking for it?  I could be interested......

Jeff

At this point the heater blower doesn"t come on, and the electric door locks unlock but will not lock.  Both are residual electrical issues due to a prior PO installing a radio.  Probably will ask around $3500 when done for it.

Kryptonic....good luck on that XJ, I hate electrical problems LOL.  That's a sharp looking XJ.  I think that color is the best one they sprayed, my old neighbor had one that he babied forever.  I kept asking him to sell it to me, but he wouldn't:laugh:

I'm looking for more of a "project" XJ to hobby around with.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:28 PM, TexanEliminator said:

Here’s both of mine. 1991 eliminator 4.0 4x4 5 speed, 2001 xj 4x4 4.0 5 speed. It’s difficult to support 2 projects but I feel like I’ve neglected my xj since I got my mj but I love them both!

2D34204C-FF89-4007-B929-D01A599E5A33.jpeg

Why does your 2001 Have the older style roof rack? SEs were discontinued in 2001 so every sport should have come with the 99-01 style roof rack.

21 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

Two MJs, an XJ, and a ZJ. image.jpeg.000f8973d24f97e70f165109dfb91432.jpeg

And the Lada. The XJ is hiding in the garage. 

My first MJ and the Niva are probably the ones I feel worst about neglecting. They both need work to pass inspections to reregister after moving. The XJ I guess is neglected too, but it's planned to be parted out. 

The five-speed ZJ gets attention cause it's my daily. The little MJ was supposed to be a daily driver but then I found a melted piston. 

I always thought the Lada was a Joke. Jokes on me!

23 minutes ago, Sir Sam said:

Why does your 2001 Have the older style roof rack? SEs were discontinued in 2001 so every sport should have come with the 99-01 style roof rack.

I have no idea. I never knew there were different roof racks. I'm the 3rd owner so who knows what happened in the 14 years before I bought it! Thanks for noticing though. Now it’s bugging me and I’m going to have to go to the bone yard to get the correct ones!