Anybody else have an MJ and and XJ?

TexanEliminator

11 minutes ago, SteveW155 said:

Bwahaha - nahh, I'm fine, and a terrible influence on my friends! My Jeep buddies land up buying Alfas and visa versa.

2nd hand Alfas are cheap here, thanx to mediocre dealerships, which have led to bad reps for the cars, which are actually brilliantly engineered, reliable, and cheap to run especially if u diy.  And a hoot to drive. I have a fleet varying from full blown restoration projects, to nice hop in and drive. Newest is a badass slightly modified 2004 156GTA 3.2l 24v V6 for special occasions. Daily drive is 98 155 Sport with nearly 350k km on untouched original motor - cheap thrills, I want to be buried in that car. I love it almost as much as my wife and 2 border collies

I'm totally hijacking this thread ... Sorry!!

fugg it, lets keep hijacking...

you wouldn't happen to know Lionel Wilson would you? he's an architect from Cape Town, does a lot of work here in Florida, my cousin just got married to him and they're in NZ on the honeymoon right now then they're heading "home" for a little bit until they come back stateside.

super cool people!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, CheapXJ said:
fugg it, lets keep hijacking...

you wouldn't happen to know Lionel Wilson would you? he's an architect from Cape Town, does a lot of work here in Florida, my cousin just got married to him and they're in NZ on the honeymoon right now then they're heading "home" for a little bit until they come back stateside.

super cool people!

Nah, can’t say I do, Cape Town is a big city (well by our standards lol)although I do have an architect friend who probably does...

Of course they are, us Capetonians are all super cool !!!

Our youngest got married to an american lass about a year ago, and they’ve almost got their ducks in a row to go back. I sure wouldn’t mind making a move myself... you have a beautiful country to explore and I love your positive mindset and national pride. I’m afraid we have lost most of that here

On 2/27/2019 at 3:25 PM, SteveW155 said:

you have a beautiful country to explore and I love your positive mindset and national pride. I’m afraid we have lost most of that here emoji22.png

I'm happy to hear the US still appears that way on the outside, but national pride is surely on the decline over here too. People are losing faith in the opportunity of freedom and apparently want to be herded and provided for by a large oppressive government... or at least that's what people are voting for whether they realize it or not.

They somehow believe in this concept of guaranteed affluence... boggles my mind.

^^^sad, but true.

All I want is a strong military to protect our domestic and foreign interests.  The rest of the federal government can just step right the hell out of my way (except for the VA, where my wife works to take care of our Veterans) and let me do my thing.  If I fail, it's all on me.  But if I succeed that's all on me too.  That's the way the Founding Fathers designed it, and it works.

//political soapbox off....sorry for the rant.

That is disappointing to hear. Let me rather not get started about how corrupt politicians have looted, raped, pillaged and systematically destroyed this country over the last 20 odd years. And continue to lay the blame for the decay at the feet of a small minority group.

And if you’re of European descent, count on economic odds being stacked against you amidst constant threats of disownment of property. And it feels like the mindless masses outnumber the many genuinely good people of all ethnic groups who wish we could just shake off the crap and help rebuild this country.

Totally off topic - let’s talk about happier things like Jeeps

On 3/5/2019 at 4:24 AM, 87MJTIM said:

I have two just like that!

Well it won’t be there for long. If I want to keep the Mrs. anyway. Didn’t get the engine pulled before the snow hit so it’s there till spring (which shoulda been here by now) I’m going to miss being able to just walk across the driveway to grab a part I need.