Beginning of an era

eaglescout526

It comes with great sadness to report that I have been fired from my dealership. I have no idea how much longer I will be able to run VINS for everyone. I will be applying to many other dealers and will be trying to see if I can work at another Mopar dealer to keep this going. But I cannot promise anything. I feel I have let you all down by such...I have other reasons to feel I have not but am not going to express them here.

Sorry everyone....

Daeson.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I am hoping for a quick rehire somewhere. Sadly I did not plan too far ahead in terms of what I want to do in life. Alot of things I do enjoy don't yield a living sadly. I will update this thread as to weather or not I remain in the Mopar dealer world or not. 

My dude, You have been a ROCK for this forum. :bowdown:

You have let none of us down, you only brought us up! Infinite thanks for all the help you have provided to the many comanche owners just looking for a shred of information on their truck.

:thanks:

I tried reaching out to the "Stellantis Historical Services" to find out information on my jeep and they employ only one person to maintain, search and respond to historical inquires. One. I called them too.

:peep:

You single-handedly outperformed said individual for free. She gets a working salary! She nicely provided me with an '88 brochure pdf, but I probably could have found that in a quick internet search. Hell, reach out to her and ask if there's an opening in that department. Who knows maybe there's remote options.

danielle.szostak@stellantis.com
Danielle Szostak-Viers
Stellantis Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Freeway
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288

Best of wishes man!

You have nothing to apologize for here!  Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

As to End of an era?  Nope.  "New Beginning" and the possibilities are endless. 

Having been separated from employers by choice and not (and I've experienced both) stay positive and look at it as opportunity. 

Thanks guys. I greatly appreciate the kind words and wisdom. I really don’t want to leave the Mopar family as I greatly enjoy providing everyone with info. 
As for my “end of an era” i more refer to when my former boss hired me and he got fired 6 months ago and my now former boss is slowly removing that era of the other parts manager. 

I will continue to stay positive and look forward to what I hope will come soon as I really don’t want to fall behind on bills. 

Sorry this is happening to you!

Losing a job, unexpectedly (and in general) is not fun.
I'm sure you'll find something else, and hopefully better.

Endings are also beginnings, hopefully these words are helpful!

P.S. as others have said, you have nothing to apologize for here, ya done good man!

Man oh man, been there and had that done to me.   Different circumstances but probably same impact on family, stress, and otherwise.

Without sounding 'cliche, each one was a learning experince and eventually wound up working for my good. 

I sure didn't see it at the time though.   You surely haven't let anyone here down.   Far as I can tell, you don't owe anyone here a thing.  

Keep your head up.  There's someone out there right now that's praying to find a good employee.  You just have to connect with that person.   

48 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Hey guys, I think @eaglescout526 has some goods for sale that could use a new home, wink wink

Haha you didn’t have to do that but thank you. 

My roommate and I are hitting the dealers in Peoria today and chatting with the managers to try to get a foot in the doors. I probably will apply to an auto parts store too. 

Daeson,

It is a reiteration for me to say, YOU DON’T  HAVE  ANYTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR!, but I will say it anyway.  As the crude expression goes:  sometimes shizt happens.  A car wreck, a heart attack, your house burns down, getting fired, and etc.   Remember you are highly thought of here and everyone here is supportive.  Sometimes guys internalize a job separation.  Keep your head where you want it to be.  Know that failing at something does NOT mean you are a failure.  Sooner or later, everyone of us will face some unfortunate times.  Keep us posted.

Just my experience, but as much as it was upsetting, it ended up being a great thing. I 100 percent believe that things happen for a reason. They may not be be apparent at the time, but reflecting back on it will be the ah-ha moment.

No need to apologize - we’re family :L:

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

be picky.  you've got skills.  find a place you'll enjoy working at.  :L: 

Whats bad is I have been trying to teach myself to let go of being picky for jobs. But I have only limited my search to other dealers parts departments right now.

On 8/17/2023 at 11:58 AM, eaglescout526 said:

Thanks guys. I greatly appreciate the kind words and wisdom. I really don’t want to leave the Mopar family as I greatly enjoy providing everyone with info. 
As for my “end of an era” i more refer to when my former boss hired me and he got fired 6 months ago and my now former boss is slowly removing that era of the other parts manager.

Don't know why, but that seems to be a pattern in the auto dealership world. My brother (now retired) was a service writer/service manager. He encountered that same situation at least twice -- good relationship with a boss, that boss moved on (or was shown the door), new boss found every excuse possible to fire all the old staff and bring in his own people. It stinks, but it is what it is.

Do NOT in any way think that you have let any of us down. You haven't. You are still a part of this community -- your work situation doesn't change that.

You haven't let anybody down here at the Club.  Life is constant change.  Adapt and move on.

I had a pretty successful career before retiring.  But after serving 19 years I was passed over for a big promotion with no explanation.  It was an eye opener to me that the institution did not care one bit about the hard work and sacrifices I made.  I continued to work hard and make sacrifices because that's who I am.  Things worked out and I was promoted the following year.  But I never forgot the lesson from that experience.  Everybody is replaceable.  The fact that the institution doesn't care, does not diminish the value of your hard work.  

Will it be a bummer if you can't provide VIN info for the Forum?  Sure.  But it doesn't diminish all the hard work you have done for this Community.