Your NOS finds.

eaglescout526

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Well I need two of them. One for each disc brake. And how they work is they go into the pad and once the pad gets to that level, these sensors ground out and pop the fuse which causes and open circuit in the sentry system that the computer then reads as a “fault” or brake pads have to be replaced. Kinda dumb since you have to replace the sensors every time

Ah, right--and I assume you can't find any more of the sensors to even use them? Makes sense.

Just now, acfortier said:

Ah, right--and I assume you can't find any more of the sensors to even use them? Makes sense.

Nope. That was the only one left. According to the FSM of the XJ, they can only be used once and must be ordered new every time. So I am not gonna worry about the brake portion of system sentry unless I can find a similar operating sensor on constant supply. 

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Nope. That was the only one left. According to the FSM of the XJ, they can only be used once and must be ordered new every time. So I am not gonna worry about the brake portion of system sentry unless I can find a similar operating sensor on constant supply. 

Sounds similar to the bmw brake pad wear sensors. Have you made any comparison with them? 

32 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

I think I know who that’s going to.

Yes you do lol. 

12 minutes ago, The86manche said:

Sounds similar to the bmw brake pad wear sensors. Have you made any comparison with them? 

I was also notified that the mini pooper ones from the early 00’s might work as well. I haven’t dove that far into it as I don’t even have the sentry set up yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...