• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Minuit said:

I could totally make that...

evil thoughts

Lol gotta find the lid and sensor. 

I was talking with another member, if you have the low washer circuit set up and working, you could essentially use the plug for the washer level sensor and use it on the brake, coolant or power steering if you wanted to. 

11 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Lol gotta find the lid and sensor. 

I was talking with another member, if you have the low washer circuit set up and working, you could essentially use the plug for the washer level sensor and use it on the brake, coolant or power steering if you wanted to. 

I was just thinking, that looks uncannily like the washer fluid sensor - I happen to have a few of those in the attic.

10 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Damn near close actually. The only ones that are the same is the coolant and washer sensors. 
A904991F-97FB-4929-A2D2-8B8CE10E6DB4.jpeg.90d9e4178d64e6f15fcfa95fe90bbf15.jpeg

You could make half of this system with bastardized windshield washer sensors (assuming, that is, that they wouldn't get eaten by brake fluid). I think some 4.0 oil pans even have a bung for an oil level sensor.

The only thing that seems all that hard at a glance is the brake pad sensors which I could live without.

10 minutes ago, Minuit said:

The only thing that seems all that hard at a glance is the brake pad sensors which I could live without.

Yeah those have to be replaced anytime the pads get worn down which is unfortunate but the system operates just fine without them and considers the unplugged sensor as ok. 

43 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

What are these? 

Top is coolant sensor, bottom 6 are fluid sensors for axles, oil pan, trans and t-case. Off to the right is a brake sensor in which I can’t use but is a neat piece to have. 

Makes me wonder if I can find a similar sensor that would ground out when the pad gets low enough. 

On 10/28/2022 at 10:29 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Top is coolant sensor, bottom 6 are fluid sensors for axles, oil pan, trans and t-case. Off to the right is a brake sensor in which I can’t use but is a neat piece to have. 

Makes me wonder if I can find a similar sensor that would ground out when the pad gets low enough. 

How come the brake sensor won't work?

21 minutes ago, acfortier said:

How come the brake sensor won't work?

Well I need two of them. One for each disc brake. And how they work is they go into the pad and once the pad gets to that level, these sensors ground out and pop the fuse which causes and open circuit in the sentry system that the computer then reads as a “fault” or brake pads have to be replaced. Kinda dumb since you have to replace the sensors every time