Thanks guys! I’ll have to show y’all the carnage in the morn. It’s pretty wicked actually. The fun part I’m gonna have is getting the axle to move forward. Judging by the looks of it, looks like the need for an alignment will be minimal due to the axle being pushed backwards. I think I might be able to just lower the axle onto the rotor and get it to move. 

2 minutes ago, watchamakalit said:

I wouldn't trust it to be bent back.  Just replace the control arm and end link. Fix it right and have it over with.

Oh no I’m talking about the mounts themselves if they’re a bit messed up. I have my original arms ready to install right now while I go and order new Mopar ones from work. 

25 minutes ago, jeepmjga said:

Had some uppers bend into a similar shape one time at Tellico years ago. No fun fixing that in the cold @$$ mud haha.

Oh man. That doesn’t sound fun at all, course they’re could’ve been something way worse to fix in the mud haha. 

On 7/25/2021 at 5:44 AM, Minuit said:

I would personally replace the control arm bolts too even if they looked straight. Maybe not necessary, but just a thought.

I might do so in the future just because I don’t like those torx bolts in the front. For now they did still go in straight. 

And thanks Pete! 

Welp got a few things done today and am happy about that. Straightened the steering wheel again after the tenth time(not really) after the steering realigned itself. Also adjusted the drivers side tire to bring it back in a little as it does seem to have been knocked out but she drives straight. Replaced the sway bar links and finally did something I wish I did the first time:

IMG_8817.jpg.639f6f2f3dddfe3846ddce66e10054bc.jpg

As per the diagrams graciously provided by miniut I was able to put factory plugs on my radio. At first I still couldnt figure out why every speaker but the drivers side door was playing(still have that left channel issue miniut, but no biggie all speakers play). As I was messing around I found that one of the crap butt connectors released one of the wires. So I redid that with some Metri-pack connectors to make it more permanent. All in all its been a busy day.  

• 4 weeks later...

Little update. SO the steering tie rod right at the pitman arm was bad and I had to constantly adjust the steering wheel to make it straight. Well I didn't discover this issue until I had the theory to test the idea about the tie rod. Well sure enough it was garbage and I find my NOS one and tossed that in.

But thats not what I am here to post for. Oh no, I have started the brush guard finally.

Cut the scrap metal to fit

IMG_8932.jpg.5ee4a6db04f99a0a2e34f40a53ef9393.jpg

So far so good

IMG_8933.jpg.db88e5789b0ea371610df32d963b8785.jpg

It is full of holes but it is what I expected for something loaded with rust.

But hey I like the job I have done. I will continue to touch up and fill holes with new metal tomorrow but here is how I end tonight

IMG_8934.jpg.d52be4526153c2cddbbdcfc0c420a28d.jpg

IMG_8935.jpg.001625f806a03c638e9309124c1dcb20.jpg