5 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

:jammin::drool::jammin:

Looks awesome. Now get it out there and show it off.....:comanche:

Oh hell yeah! I’ve been keeping an eye out for local car shows. 

5 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Very beautiful 😍 

Thank ya mini!

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

Nice, how did the air dam trimming go?

Actually that was interesting. I had trimmed the openings for both the books and guard, tried to slip the guard over with the pieces bent back and came to the realization that I need to accept my loss on the dam and cut the flaps I bent off.  Otherwise that was pretty easy with a cut off wheel. 

Aaaaand this is why you go OEM!

IMG_9117.jpg.5e425e110eee8db7ee869b9002a45a1b.jpg

IMG_9118.jpg.da05fead6633220dab1acea5a0468bb1.jpg

Now this isnt original to my truck, I got it with another engine, but the fact it took this beating all because the bolt wiggled loose and still managed to start Little Red every day is GD awesome! I did check this only because I had a weird random stalling and starting issue. Now if this was aftermarket it wouldve failed right away, but this goes to show how crap everything is now-a-days.

This is now a trophy while the new Siemens/Mopar sensor will take its place. Tighten those bolts and use only AMC|Jeep|Chrysler approved parts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Page 4?! Wow new record on LR being deep in the projects.

Anywhoooo

I replaced the starter today. The old one was intermittent and being tons of fun to really start. Turn key and have it give a couple chugs and then stop cranking but the bendix still spin. Repeat with variations from one chug to almost starting to finally starting. I think I accidentally waterlogged it back in the summer. 

So I got a new reman from O'reillys from work and I saw it was a genuine Bosch unit. Score! Got home, yanked the old one out getting ready to put the new one in and I found an inscription on the starter body. Chrysler Corporation! Jackpot!! Genuine Chrysler starter that was remanned. Got it installed, sounds like a jeep and starts a lot faster now.

Nothin new to really report. I have been working on the house, Chunk and well..... focused on my upcoming marriage.

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally figured out where my coolant leak was coming from. Lower radiator hose was literally falling apart at the water pump and causing a leak and the need for almost a constant refill of the cooling system. So I went and found a NOS hose, with AMC logo on it and got it installed. Working pretty good with no leaks. 

CDFE52A1-3688-4879-8F75-B4A58EEC41ED.jpeg.9aaa2352c5f74eb48182c07d9d7a1104.jpeg

21 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

So I finally figured out where my coolant leak was coming from. Lower radiator hose was literally falling apart at the water pump and causing a leak and the need for almost a constant refill of the cooling system. So I went and found a NOS hose, with AMC logo on it and got it installed. Working pretty good with no leaks. 

CDFE52A1-3688-4879-8F75-B4A58EEC41ED.jpeg.9aaa2352c5f74eb48182c07d9d7a1104.jpeg

It amazes me your resourcefulness and dedication to nos parts. Then there is your builds:bowdown:

1 hour ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

It amazes me your resourcefulness and dedication to nos parts. Then there is your builds:bowdown:

Haha thanks! When I replace parts I usually take a peak and see if there is anything out there floating around. If nothin I take that part number and check to see if anyone has it listed out there. Only to avoid the aftermarket and spending money in the future on poor quality parts. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK I havent been this damn excited in a long F-ing time!! So on a whim I ordered a set of Jeep fog lamp covers, figured just to see if they fit either Chunks Marchals or m LRs Sears lamps. Well I tried them on LR and HOLY CRAP did I get really giddy seeing them fit!!

IMG_9569.jpg.0390653b59d4820388faef7e9ba916a6.jpg

IMG_9570.jpg.9bee175c107ba5acfe65a61ebd80b824.jpg

IMG_9571.jpg.a788ae18892b1a5f821bb593d5bf1707.jpg

So naturally I had to restore them. So in my midst of excitement I asked the wife to come out and share the moment and I tasked her with painting the Jeep logo back to the silver color. They came out damn great!!

IMG_9573.jpg.c15db1ce880ebc8be4f1ae77d4f0e8f5.jpg

Really love it and it ties the look together. 

Course that being said I was really working on my door at the time. I have been getting fed up with the performance of my power locks and even listened to @Minuit I set them up the HO way and still got sluggish performance yet the passenger side seemed to conquer this task but not much better. So long ago I ordered me a set of Mopar door latches as I figured mine were just slowing up and getting dirty/grimy and old. So I went for the replacement and boy was that a good idea.

New

IMG_9567.jpg.5a5b652d6a5411a7214c544a74020cd6.jpg

Old

IMG_9574.jpg.0bc425fa51fbf8ffd1df7b7ecd92b2c5.jpg

Granted the original is still in great shape, I will clean it up when I can and when I get the passenger side taken care of. But most of that crap is me spraying grease to help lube it up and that didnt do a whole lot but make a mess.

So while I was changing the latch I did a couple things.

Added a rivet to hold the rods in place

IMG_9566.jpg.1f8cbacfa25e21f075f30335442512b8.jpg

And changed the power lock bezel to a correct power lock only bezel from an 86 waggy that @CactusComanche let me come pull parts from and these bezels were with it and they are in gorgeous shape!

IMG_9572.jpg.48562515582d47c2755aba30000af5e5.jpg

can't wait to do the other side now! I will update when I get the other side done.

23 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Those fog light covers look fantastic! And the bezel looks great. Probably not many of them left, either. 

Thanks and no there isnt. I have a NOS one as well but thats locked away in my vault of NOS wonders.

That being said I finished the pass side today.

Rivet installed on the rod holder. Can you believe my MJ never had either side of these holders? 

IMG_9582.jpg.96d4aae66001fb03e9dd9be629e63de0.jpg

Door done

IMG_9587.jpg.a8ff7aad82821edbcc52b78796dcee28.jpg

Oh and while I was at it, I broke the passenger side mirror clip a few months back from my lack of care while pulling into the garage and I buzzed up @Dzimm for not one but two sets of his mirror clips. Figured I would give it a go and replace the one I broke since I already tore the door apart.

IMG_9585.jpg.05c8fa26df799b11c5ddf080664142d2.jpg

IMG_9586.jpg.d3dfd25dae6fbc8c415efd46317008ba.jpg

Holy hell this was a challenge to do! Wasnt so much replacing the clip as it was the spring for the mirror. Hell I even lost the spring a few times but lucky I was able to pull it back up and out. I got it down by using a flat head jammed in one of the coils to keep the spring in place while I hooked the spring back into the rod. Once that was set and done it took quite a bit of force to get the mirror into the new clip by my surprise. All in all this should hold up. Nicely done Dzimm! I look forward to installing the other side and the ones on Chunk.

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Holy hell this was a challenge to do! Wasnt so much replacing the clip as it was the spring for the mirror.

Yeah that spring is a pain for sure.  Looks good!

7 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Thanks and no there isnt. I have a NOS one as well but thats locked away in my vault of NOS wonders.

That being said I finished the pass side today.

Rivet installed on the rod holder. Can you believe my MJ never had either side of these holders? 

IMG_9582.jpg.96d4aae66001fb03e9dd9be629e63de0.jpg

Door done

IMG_9587.jpg.a8ff7aad82821edbcc52b78796dcee28.jpg

Oh and while I was at it, I broke the passenger side mirror clip a few months back from my lack of care while pulling into the garage and I buzzed up @Dzimm for not one but two sets of his mirror clips. Figured I would give it a go and replace the one I broke since I already tore the door apart.

IMG_9585.jpg.05c8fa26df799b11c5ddf080664142d2.jpg

IMG_9586.jpg.d3dfd25dae6fbc8c415efd46317008ba.jpg

Holy hell this was a challenge to do! Wasnt so much replacing the clip as it was the spring for the mirror. Hell I even lost the spring a few times but lucky I was able to pull it back up and out. I got it down by using a flat head jammed in one of the coils to keep the spring in place while I hooked the spring back into the rod. Once that was set and done it took quite a bit of force to get the mirror into the new clip by my surprise. All in all this should hold up. Nicely done Dzimm! I look forward to installing the other side and the ones on Chunk.

Tow mirrors for the win......