Thanks JMO! Not my best but the rust does not make it easy. 

Anyways I finished welding the other side last night. That’s more cheese than the first side I did. And I ran out of cut off wheels. So I made a quick run to harbor freight, got a pack of 25. Got some Pizza Hut cause it was right there. Hopped back into little red. Went to start her. Cranked her while in gear, she lurched forward. Took her out and tried to restart and I got nothin. Everything went dead. Not sure why. Called my dad to come help. A by stander helped jump us but got nothing. The terminals were a bit dirty but I cleaned them the other day. Dad showed up and we got her going again after a little bit. The cables are now definitely showing their age and resistance. I replaced the power cable forever ago cause the original was basically wire clamped and corroded. Luckily I got the last of mean lemons kit so I’m gonna swap some wires out this afternoon. 

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, jamcomanche said:

This post = Engine Bay Goals

Mean to quote one of the bay pics?

Otherwise it’s pretty easy to make the 2.5L bay nice and clean with all the room. Just takes a bit of time and some historic pictures and anal detail. 

That being said, she is putting up a bit right now. Steering is a bit wonky, ball joints look to have failed me as the tires up front went damn near bald and the connector for the CPS is giving me some odd drivability issues. 

17 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Mean to quote one of the bay pics?

Otherwise it’s pretty easy to make the 2.5L bay nice and clean with all the room. Just takes a bit of time and some historic pictures and anal detail. 

That being said, she is putting up a bit right now. Steering is a bit wonky, ball joints look to have failed me as the tires up front went damn near bald and the connector for the CPS is giving me some odd drivability issues. 

I was just referring to the pics in the OP.  My engine bay looks like grease-covered spaghetti. It has WAY more cables, hoses and tubes visible that weave in and around all of the other components.  The pics in the first post put me to shame.  I also have power steering and AC though, which adds some clutter.

Just now, jamcomanche said:

I was just referring to the pics in the OP.  My engine bay looks like grease-covered spaghetti. It has WAY more cables, hoses and tubes visible that weave in and around all of the other components.  The pics in the first post put me to shame.

Ah haha I had a feeling. Sounds like you have an 86 by the sounds of it. But it takes time to get it clean and neat. I’ve seen worse 2.5Ls that just were a block of sludge and under the sludge somewhere was an engine lol. But at least you have an example to go off of. I kinda didn’t when I first started. 

Ball joints have been replaced, Last time was 2018 if I recall. I honestly have no idea if it has helped with my steering issues since that little accident. I definitely had to replace the tires due to increased wear on the inside edge of the tire. I do see an improvement in camber but if this doesnt help then I will have to swap 2wd axles around and hope that fixes the issue if the front axle is slight bent. Orrrrr I can swap knuckles around for the knuckles that have the split rings and get camber adjust split rings. But if the axle was bent I would have castor at this point rather than camber as I can't imagine something heavy dropping on the axle to cause this issue. 
Old ball joints did feel odd compared to the new ones so I can only hope. At some point I will have to get an alignment again.

Oh well, 30+ year old Jeep issues. What can ya do? Guess Ill find out with the alignment.

Brush guard next and then an alignment. Or vice versa.

Todays list starts off with an oil change. Last night I swapped a door panel out, gonna swap the other side and post a pic of that. As I wait for the oil to drain out and I eat some lunch I decided to tackle the front end cover.

IMG_9094.jpg.33794800adf56fbd535d2925bd59e07f.jpg

So far so good. Kinda digging it. God I havent see that front in a while.