12 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

20k miles with 4 years of owner ship. Pretty low. Oooo, I stumbled upon a lower mileage from 5/28/2016

IMG_3706.JPG.55caf3db4d517bd4f8c9d92a61fdaed6.JPG

This was when I hadnt exactly figured out why the blinkers remained lit but I thought it was a cool pic at the time of early owner ship. She didnt start driving on the road till about February but she didnt see many miles until recently. I have more early pics too that I found.

That is interesting... The truck that I just bought has 214,365 on the odo.

The first one was luk brand and probably was actually fine but it had some miles after the trans broke so it got replaced with either a luk or a Napa brand, can’t remember. I do recall the second one though being pretty good up until the pipe bursted out on me. The third one was crown which was alright, not as good as the first two, it bursted the same pip twice and number four is also crown but only because I already had it as a back up to the third one so next one will be going back to luk. Only because it’s obvious to me what crown is. I only went with crown the third time as I’d give it a shot due to not being impressed with the second one and the second crown was I needed a cheap one that could get to me quickly so I wasn’t down a vehicle for a long while. 

Well I think the vibration issues have been resolved. After dropping the trans to replace the slave cyl, it seems the vibes let up. Now to say I replaced the trans mount less than 6 months ago due to its age and the hell it went through. Improved the dampening of vibrations but not to my liking. When I did that change it was harder to get the crossmember to line up properly which I can blame on the motor mounts and how old the trans mount was. Now that it went back together after the recent event it seems driving is more pleasing without those random vibes between 40-45 mph. 

Also got the long running boards that go from the front fender to the rear fender thanks to @OldSch88L. I look forward to installing them. 

I am missing the look of my truck without the camper shell. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I can't keep this to myself anymore. I can't help it, but whenever I read "Little Red Wagon" I can't help but sing it in my head to "Big Green Tractor" by Jason Aldean.

Lol can’t say I have ever heard that song. But then again, country music is the bane of my existence. 

• 1 month later...

Wow!! Has it really been a few months?! Well I have not done much to her at all. Been driving her like normal. Took her on the freeway to take my girlfriend home back in January. LR kept egging me on to do 70 the whole way to the air port. 

Still hopefully going to install the long bed running boards soon. Other things get in the way and I had the rear brackets for the running boards powder coated so they will last longer in their present shape. Been putting those off for too long. 

Been collecting NOS parts and selling so not much there.

Been keeping her clean and what not. Replaced the taillamps with a much much better set. Spent a total of a whole day worth of work , scrubbing, cleaning, polishing and painting the lamps. They look fantastic but I have been neglecting to take a pic. But here is one of the lamps:

RenderedImage.JPG.61f30d7332cd493c21a5ff20b04c3fc9.JPG

This one didnt take me too long. The passenger side and its paint gave me quite the fuss. I do love how great they came out. Ill snap a pic of both lamps installed.

Also replaced all the tailgate rubbers with fiatslugs new ones, so now the tailgate and the straps no longer fight with me when closing.

Camper shell bugs me. I have to adjust it every so often and I think it has seen much better fitting days but hey, free is free. 

Rustoleum paint some how sucks now. I painted a couple valve covers with the stuff and the paint kept coming off with the masking tape. But some Mopar silver and black and now I am gonna strip the other back up covers to withstand and take the engine heat.

Nothin much else to report, been giving the T-bird some attention, looking for a house(hellish nightmare here) and just enjoying the drive each morning and afternoon.

Seems like over the course of winter, I have not seen LR get to 210 again. I think it could be one of two things. Too much actual coolant which I have heard can not help with heating of the engine or my t-stat is stuck open. I even drove with the AC on the other day and she still didnt reach 210. Starting to suspect the t-stat but I will see as temps warm up. I also suspect my gauge could be out of alignment, I remember cleaning the cluster a while back and I touched the temp gauge and it knocked it out of alignment and I put it back to where it should be. I am gonna get gas tomorrow and hopefully the engine will get to temp and Ill touch the gauge and see where its at.

Also got one of the long running boards on. After waiting for the rear most bracket from powder coating, I was able to put one on and learned there gonna have to be a bit of modifications from when I had the short ones installed. I am confident that whey should hold weight just fine. 

Ohhhh yeahhhhh

IMG_8369.jpg.6dbd68445a68147f56f28db0c121dbee.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg.92b8a7b9ca50a0c5a8e185701acbb35c.jpg

This was a fun challenge. Thankfully I bought the right hardware and modified a bunch of airbag nuts I had to make this easier than with the old bolts we had cobbled together with the NOS parts. Holds my weight just fine.