Well while CC was down I decided to touch up a portion of the dash that has not be touched yet. Figured might as well knock it out and make it look good.

IMG_7968.JPG.7eaffa9daf7cdaefd7fac6a4e9b2aa75.JPG

The velcro is for the dash cover for the glove box. Otherwise it looks damn good around there now. I also tried getting a quote from a dash company in CA and haven't heard anything from them and its been a few weeks. Figured something is going on over there or they are overwhelmed with orders. But the dash cover will continue to do its job in the mean time.

Also changed out my coil springs(again and for real this time) to some NOS standard duty springs since they were $25 a spring. These ones have 9 coils over the previous 8 and JK 7. I wish there was a way to figure out which coil springs came on our trucks, in the catalog Chrysler says the springs are coded with 2 letters, could not find such with the VIN plates. But I am starting to suspect that 2wd 2.5L MJ's came with the light duty springs which makes sense. Would like to have gone heavy duty but those springs are pretty pricy. Some day. 

Looks like I will be getting a vintage Leer topper soon. Also found a Renix era style horn button in charcoal but it doesn't have the horn symbol so now Chunk and LR match. Its the little things. Other things to come in the future. Also need to get back at that T-bird. Maybe might go over there this weekend for a day.

62700547498__C6726B12-6C82-418F-A1EC-72EFC10F23A2.JPG.97c846c301174b0b5132214462a8c01d.JPG

What on earth did I get myself into? Lol. This thing is cool. Need to clean and do some adjustments to get it to fit right but this thing will do great for camping and going to the drive in ;). Its missing a rear sliding window. If anyone has some parts for this thing let me know! Otherwise itll remain as is until I go to paint it Colorado Red and do some Pioneer colored stripes around the windows. 

you know i had this same shell it came on my little blue mj. had a crack in the roof but all the glass i think was good yet. i wonder about it now, as i may still be able to get to it if its sitting where i last remember. its on the farm though. ill check for the glass. i wonder if it be worth have the fiberglass work done.. not that I need a long bed shell as my aluminum one works. 

i did rather appreciate the head room room though with these versions. would be nice all lit up, with some carpet on the bed. good bit of weight on the rear as well. if that matters (it does) 

Yeah it will become some sort of comfort space if I ever go camping which probably will happen. This I might be able to actually put some LED strips in, run power and ground and use a factory switch in slot four on my dash board. 

If you do get to yours Mini and take the glass off, let me know. Not in a big hurry for it as its just the back glass.

I like where your head is at. I hated pulling the glass the first time(twas OEM and I am still kicking myself on it as it was complete, just the lock was missing until I tore apart the interior and found it) and probably won't pull it again but its the four pane rear window so it should be plenty roomy. 

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

62700547498__C6726B12-6C82-418F-A1EC-72EFC10F23A2.JPG.97c846c301174b0b5132214462a8c01d.JPG

What on earth did I get myself into? Lol. This thing is cool. Need to clean and do some adjustments to get it to fit right but this thing will do great for camping and going to the drive in ;). Its missing a rear sliding window. If anyone has some parts for this thing let me know! Otherwise itll remain as is until I go to paint it Colorado Red and do some Pioneer colored stripes around the windows. 

Hell yeah! I think it looks perfect in while. Red would make it look like an XJ in my opinion. 

Well for now the shell will be a back burner. I have got to stop putting money in my MJ and more towards the T-bird lol. But the T-bird is mostly there and just requires my attention to go over to where its at. But we will see. I kinda see it with it being red and silver stripes but I can see the XJ thing too. Be the longest wheel base ever for an XJ lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Havent done much lately. Just getting some NOS parts and what not. The only thing I have done lately is fiddle with the power lock wiring. At the time I didnt have any good connectors and used some crap spade connectors to kinda bring it together and get it to operate. Well I had enough of the terrible response and resistance from the drivers side switch so I replaced those pesky spade connectors with some OEM delphi connectors and all is much better. Still laggy on the drivers side lock actuator but I can feel it has a resistance when unlocking and locking manually. Now to get through the holidays and get the T-bird going.

20k miles with 4 years of owner ship. Pretty low. Oooo, I stumbled upon a lower mileage from 5/28/2016

IMG_3706.JPG.55caf3db4d517bd4f8c9d92a61fdaed6.JPG

This was when I hadnt exactly figured out why the blinkers remained lit but I thought it was a cool pic at the time of early owner ship. She didnt start driving on the road till about February but she didnt see many miles until recently. I have more early pics too that I found.

54 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

20k miles with 4 years of owner ship. Pretty low. Oooo, I stumbled upon a lower mileage from 5/28/2016

IMG_3706.JPG.55caf3db4d517bd4f8c9d92a61fdaed6.JPG

This was when I hadnt exactly figured out why the blinkers remained lit but I thought it was a cool pic at the time of early owner ship. She didnt start driving on the road till about February but she didnt see many miles until recently. I have more early pics too that I found.

There is nothing better looking than a early mj or xj dash all lit up at night.