3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

'tis a good looking radio. :L: 

meanwhile I'm taking a silver paint pen to mine...   :( 

Truth be told that's what I did to the original large knob, dash bezel and vents. It doesn't look terrible either! If anything no one would know the difference.

Well I guess this is a fix? I bent the upper hinge back towards the body a couple weeks ago. Well that resulted in the door needing to be lifted to close properly. So I added a washer to each bolt on the bottom hinge and the door shuts much better now and seals up at the top of the door. That has been the end goal...

Now the door gives an illusion that makes the fender appear out of shape towards the bottom but that's just the door sticking out. I think the door is out of shape or something but I will replace the hinges one day...or the door...or something. 

This also gave me the opportunity to realign the fender and front fascia so that's a plus!

Now to restore the front grill.

• 3 weeks later...

Replaced the front headlamp bezels with AMC ones. Painted them up to match and the front end looks uniform now. 

Got some upcoming stuff this weekend. One will be a car show with two other MJs. No spoilers but it will be fun. But Little Red has some up coming replacements, the coil springs and lower control arms. Not too happy about replacing the bushing on the LCAs the second time and the arms like to wiggle off the bushings so that needs to be assessed. In the mean time I’ve been working on a little side project. 

D17781D7-3E79-4CB6-8E97-01829EABEC38.jpeg.148da2cc884555282a96e50f1a942b29.jpeg

Did spray paint the first time around. That failed. So went back to how I did my air filter lid and it’s coming out great. 

Hopefully gonna do a Small NOS parts dump soon so keep an eye out for that and pics from the car show. 

Just now, High2by said:

Are the JK coils stiffer than the stock coils?

They definitely are stiffer but they are short a coil compared to stock. I imagine they ride great but you will bottom out quicker and its quicker than I am comfortable with. Kinda odd as I'm sure the JK weighs way more than our trucks. Rears might work though but I don't have the rears.

Before JK coils removed:

6D8978BE-E1E4-4DB6-9969-C73E28CC5933.jpeg.a4554c746589970f788ed68857d098a0.jpeg

460CE3A8-A706-49B6-A99C-7860B9E5902E.jpeg.6cbf55ff00b30d12d9dbba6018ef628a.jpegAA05BB3E-9937-47B2-B99B-E2789CB151A3.jpeg.1af9f8f8fbba81fcc0acc5a13c64025a.jpeg

After swapping back in the old coils I see a bit of a height difference vs the new coils but it was enough to bug me plus I didn’t like how it was one less coil than factory. I think my coils are just showing their age now but maybe I’ll just go snag some NOS ones from a dealer. But I’m not too worried. They will do their job and not bottom out quicker. 

As she sits now:

9D58EA1A-D430-428D-B731-DBBE4CD9896C.jpeg.f4d527dd912dbd6eeec06e7bbf57334b.jpeg

...Or I could be very well losing my mind. Oh well, onto acquiring a ZJ steering box next.