• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, DMT said:

Saw you replaced your rear fender liner splash shield (5506274) with an NOS one. Darn. I've been looking for one of those to copy. Wouldn't happen to have another?

Actually, no, I never found one. I replaced my front ones but not the rears. Rears were NLA before I jumped into the NOS game. The ones I did realize are no longer available are the front most portion of the front splash shields. Also the rears are actually just plastic shields that sit into the wheel wheel and not the rubber type. 

Actually i just went and looked at the part you referenced, 55006274. I could easily take one of mine off and send it for a copy or take pictures. They aren't destroyed. Just dirty. 

Edited by eaglescout526

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_7877.JPG.c938345e0e75368f64eb6aa838fad593.JPG

Whelp, it is complete and done to my liking..somewhat lol. I think its looks great and what a full bench console could've looked like for us. 

If I were to have one designed from scratch, it would fit the contours of the bench and have a mounting bracket somewhere around there with a not so deep cup. But I am not that great with plastic molding at all. All in all, it will serve its purpose well. 

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

love it!  :D

Thanks Pete!

2 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

Looks good! There should have been a version of that rather than the mini console.

That was the idea. I got fed up with having that cup holder in the center and not being comfortable with shifting while a drink was there and thus popped the idea* of doing that console. Plus more pockets to put little/dumb stuff in all the while keeping a factory look.

*Thankfully no good full center consoles were harmed in the making of this console

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced some broken connectors today. Pretty happy with a good tight click hanging on now. 

IMG_7919.JPG.142a553f1ff6abfe63397f6f2039f102.JPG

You might know or might now but the four prong is for the ISA and the green is for the MAP I am sure you all know that one. They have seen their years of service.

On 10/5/2020 at 12:31 PM, eaglescout526 said:

IMG_7877.JPG.c938345e0e75368f64eb6aa838fad593.JPG

Whelp, it is complete and done to my liking..somewhat lol. I think its looks great and what a full bench console could've looked like for us. 

If I were to have one designed from scratch, it would fit the contours of the bench and have a mounting bracket somewhere around there with a not so deep cup. But I am not that great with plastic molding at all. All in all, it will serve its purpose well. 

I LOVE my Comanche but I HATE single cab trucks without a bench seat. How did you pull this off?

1 minute ago, John Richard Page said:

I LOVE my Comanche but I HATE single cab trucks without a bench seat. How did you pull this off?

Well I actually wanted to go further and get creative with it but there's only so much plastic to work with and couldn't achieve the fit I wanted where it would fit the contours of the center part of the bench.  

So what I did was got a trashed full console from my favorite Jeep yard. I actually had the console for quite sometime and pulled it for another member but they found one closer to them. So I took this one, measured the distance from the center vent(still had the small console vent) to the bench seat, made some marks on the console and used a Dremel to cut away the storage box half. I then had to pull the full console under dash vent and duct work and cut the duct to fit and put in the under dash vent with no modifications. I ended up using the floor piece of the console box to make complete the rear cup, which was JBwelded on and holds great. Rest was simply plug and play once the console was done and ready for installation. The only issue I had was the cup holder falling out and not being supported due to the lack of rearward support, so I put a couple unused clothes and stuffed them between the console and duct to get a more secure cup holder. 

I am currently working on some pieces that will enclose the rear more so you can't see under the console. 

19 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Well I actually wanted to go further and get creative with it but there's only so much plastic to work with and couldn't achieve the fit I wanted where it would fit the contours of the center part of the bench.  

So what I did was got a trashed full console from my favorite Jeep yard. I actually had the console for quite sometime and pulled it for another member but they found one closer to them. So I took this one, measured the distance from the center vent(still had the small console vent) to the bench seat, made some marks on the console and used a Dremel to cut away the storage box half. I then had to pull the full console under dash vent and duct work and cut the duct to fit and put in the under dash vent with no modifications. I ended up using the floor piece of the console box to make complete the rear cup, which was JBwelded on and holds great. Rest was simply plug and play once the console was done and ready for installation. The only issue I had was the cup holder falling out and not being supported due to the lack of rearward support, so I put a couple unused clothes and stuffed them between the console and duct to get a more secure cup holder. 

I am currently working on some pieces that will enclose the rear more so you can't see under the console. 

i did the same after selling my mini console. you have the indent which allows that extra holder that i wish to have. 

23 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

You made all that yourself?! That’s some talent you got man it looks great. I’ll show you my console sometime maybe you’d like to troubleshoot a little bit haha 

1 minute ago, John Richard Page said:

You made all that yourself?! That’s some talent you got man it looks great. I’ll show you my console sometime maybe you’d like to troubleshoot a little bit haha 

Yup! Got good using the Dremel when I was working on the rear bumper. Thanks man! Lol I would be happy to help out lol.

• 2 weeks later...