9 minutes ago, High2by said:

I have a question. The red wire that is powering your under hood light, where does it come from? Can you see the connector it comes out of? I ask because I have a similar wire in the same location and looks close to this, that I am trying to figure out where it goes.

Also, what did you use to hold the "Fuse Cover" down with? It looks like regular bolts? I've been searching for the actual tabs that hold it down but what you have looks way more sturdy.

Thanks!

1). That wire is apart of the factory harness. Check around the relay center and ICM or blower motor areas and see if its there. Should look like a GM single spade plug just like what is on the starter relay or cargo light. Check to see if it has 12V power and if it does, that's the underhoodlight.

2). Yes. They are regular bolts. The clips broke on me and are almost irreplaceable. So I used a couple bolts and 4 nuts, two to hold the bolts in place and two to hold down the cover. It is a much better idea than the clips but to each is his own.

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

1). That wire is apart of the factory harness. Check around the relay center and ICM or blower motor areas and see if its there. Should look like a GM single spade plug just like what is on the starter relay or cargo light. Check to see if it has 12V power and if it does, that's the underhoodlight.

2). Yes. They are regular bolts. The clips broke on me and are almost irreplaceable. So I used a couple bolts and 4 nuts, two to hold the bolts in place and two to hold down the cover. It is a much better idea than the clips but to each is his own.

That's it, that's the wire I have, I just didn't know what it went to. The truck doesn't have an under hood light now and I couldn't figure out what that wire was for.

I like the bolt method, looks better IMHO.

11 minutes ago, High2by said:

That's it, that's the wire I have, I just didn't know what it went to. The truck doesn't have an under hood light now and I couldn't figure out what that wire was for.

I like the bolt method, looks better IMHO.

Yep that's what it is for. I have a non retractable hood lamp for sale with bolts and bulb if you want and the bolts do look much better and hold it in place with peace of mind.

21 minutes ago, Liketosmash said:

Looking great.  Thanks for all the fine detail especially on the interior.  Giving me some inspiration on what I can do once I have it put back into my truck.

Thank you and no problem. I'm glad she can be an inspiration for others.

Replaced the wheel cylinders for the drums. Braking out back is much better now. 

And on top of that I cleaned the back side of my rims. Yes the part no one sees but they look good

DE99096D-001E-48B9-9B88-62B0C4C2D369.jpeg.8955f896d90959c834095bdfbe9a903c.jpeg

6A4B4615-B287-4A7F-8EF8-A01E98FFEA80.jpeg.9069bd53da05f306a70044759552e1f5.jpeg

Couple hours of soaking in engine degrease and scrubbing with a broken metal brush does a pretty good job. 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, eaglescout526 said:

And American Motors said: LET THERE BE LIGHT!!

IMG_6153.JPG.26ab93c8d25fea72fea057783d411ee8.JPG

Was not too bad to install. I got this done in about thirty minutes with a slight screw up. This only happened because I took the carpet out to pressure wash it. It is still dirty but a lot better. And yes there will be before and after pictures on that.

IMG_6152.JPG.6d45f9bc5912e9547e571ae2a5097635.JPG

This was done around 17:03 and yes I waited till it got darker just for that picture. lol.

Just drill a hole for the wires then self tapping screws for the light or bolts all the way through?

So a big hole about an inch or more in diameter should be drilled for the power wire. I drilled mine around an inch and broke the clip for the wire, no big deal. It doesn't come in contact with any metal. Then drill two small holes for the screws, use the gasket as a template and get some long screws preferable with a point and done. It will be trial and error on getting the lamp to work but the biggest culprit is the contacts in the lamp itself for the ground that comes from the two mounting screws. So letting the lamp sit in a solution if vinegar and water should help all the brass contacts come clean.

6 minutes ago, High2by said:

The install sounds like the easy part, finding the light, that could be another story.

Install is quick and easy, locating a light, not so much. The wiring for the cargo lamp should be tucked up somewhere behind the drivers side B-pillar

• 2 weeks later...

Lol would’ve been convenient.

Anyways. Good news everyone. I got a NOS O2 sensor in because I failed emissions and my fuel economy has tanked pretty hard lately. Here’s what I found as I’m sure we all know NTK is OEM manufacturer for O2 sensors. What we all debated about was the ceramic tops and metal tops being better or worse due to the ceramic ones going away. Well this one is metal which surprises me. 

69C0A990-4873-4ABD-8A10-DB3909D56B77.jpeg.0eff24b172b8b182143a37ae1d142e7e.jpeg

Hopefully we can all see that it says NTK.  

So to say I think either sensor style is fine to use. Just go NTK.