I don't normally post what I snag for myself as NOS but ive got some cool stuff lately.

Air shield->XJ

Couple full center console plastic inserts. The full black part.

Wagoneer tail lamps->XJ

MJ license plate lamp for the bumperless. 

Recall accelerator pedal. Yep NOS Gas pedal.

Door handle and lock rod retainer. I think I might try to make something like this out of metal to be more permanent.

Couple front bumper end caps.

Got a few other things to share with yall as well. Anyone need mud flaps for a Renault Alliance?

I found something to do. Besides pressure washing my bench seat(still need to do that) I remembered I broke two bolts when replacing the rear bumper bracket. Now I shall go remove those and hope for the best. Perfect too because if I remove the bumper I can install a NOS bumper delete license plate light and still run her around if I need to.

I won. Got all the broken bolts drilled out. Was able to beat two with a big flat head and remove them from the threads with little metal was left. The last bugger had been broken for so long that I had to fight and rethread that one in the end and use a bigger bolt which is fine. Now if I ever got a hitch to go along nicely with my wiring kit, I could with peace of mind, mount it and tow.

Also broke four drill bits in the process.

So I went out today and helped @AMC86Kid with installing his tranny and t-case, wasn't too bad or hard of a job and we all know I'm good at dropping and installing a transmission lol. Anyways I went out to help him and getting the tranny in was pretty easy. Took a couple times and some wooden boards as shims to get the trans to mate with the engine, what I did like about his set up was you could sit on your bum he had the truck up high which was nice and made moving the trans to line it up easy. Ok that's the trans.

T-case was a whole new level of fun. Per the FSM and anywhere really, you install the trans and t-case as a unit. I agreed with him on why he had the two divorced, really was easy. But what gets me is theres soooo many damn linkages to the 207 that I told myself, yeahhhhh no, adding 4 wheel drive looks daunting. Maybe I'm talking crazy after a long afternoon of helping him but I did indeed have fun. His MJ is gonna look and be really fun when he is done. 

As for the turn signals, yeah I stuffed some aluminum foil onto a fuse years ago and never addressed the issue as repairing the terminals is a daunting task but I now have to address it as the fuses are getting hot and partially melting, kinda scary.

Evidently I can miss a lot in eight hours too.

Alrighty! Turn signal issue has been solved. Terminals have been replaced, and boy were they just gone for the turn signal and hazard but not the blower or radio terminals. 

Bench seat has been pressure washed. Sprayed more oxyclean on it to really clean it. Didn't take any before photos but a lot of butt sweat and some Coca-Cola came out from the middle seat and I mean a lot came out. Pretty gross. Also led to the perfect opportunity to lube up the sliding rails.

• 1 month later...

Update 5/21. Been a bit

Upgraded temp sensor with Mopar one due to my stupid self cleaning the needle to find out it is reading wrong. Thought it was the temp sensor but no it was me when I wiped a speck of the needle to the gauge. Oh well got a Mopar with better piece of mind

Rebuilt clutch master, I still think theres an air leak somewhere and I think the threaded fittings need Teflon tape. Side note the fluid is holding and still the red color from the grease and not pitch black.

Also learned that my self from four years ago was pretty damn stupid to Jeeps and maintenance in general. Decided to finally tackle the shackles(incidental rhyme) and come to find out I mounted one of them backwards. Went and looked at Gjeeps restoration progress to see how his were mounted and sure enough the drivers side is back wards after FOUR years! Probably the cause of my semi rough ride for the drivers side. 

Anyways, I got a set of XJ shackles and harvested the bushings from them. After a few hours with a ball joint press and shaving the bushing metal I finally pressed ONE in and decided to call it a day once I got every thing back together. And yes I made sure to mount the passenger side right with the metal face of the shackle facing out back. Now to do the drivers side tomorrow and fix the orientation.

Holy moly does my truck ride better now. Wish my past self put the shackle in right. I got the XJ bushing in on the drivers side shackle. Now to do the ZJ gear box as mine is just tired and done with steering. Hopefully I’ll get that back from being rebuilt and I’ll do that swap and should be good to go and should cure the last of the vibrations. 

Well had no headlamps on the way home. Tore everything apart and tested everything for power. Took out the headlight switch and found a nice pristine non melted plug on the other side of the switch(was very surprised). Swapped it with a Mopar switch, no dice. Put the headlamp relay harness back together, still nothing. Decided for the hell of it to clean the ground bolts for the harness and then viola the headlamps are back in business. Don't know why that was a deciding factor for them not to work as I never cleaned the ground bolts to begin with. 

here's the best acrobatics pic I could get of the plug

IMG_7376.JPG.cb4e01352c65cddf8fe2ba61ac231220.JPG

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Well had no headlamps on the way home. Tore everything apart and tested everything for power. Took out the headlight switch and found a nice pristine non melted plug on the other side of the switch(was very surprised). Swapped it with a Mopar switch, no dice. Put the headlamp relay harness back together, still nothing. Decided for the hell of it to clean the ground bolts for the harness and then viola the headlamps are back in business. Don't know why that was a deciding factor for them not to work as I never cleaned the ground bolts to begin with. 

here's the best acrobatics pic I could get of the plug

IMG_7376.JPG.cb4e01352c65cddf8fe2ba61ac231220.JPG

Had the same Thing happen getting out of work  a few months ago , turns out the main power cable For the harness that goes to the battery

had worked itself loose :doh: 

18 minutes ago, Fernando87mj said:

Had the same Thing happen getting out of work  a few months ago , turns out the main power cable For the harness that goes to the battery

had worked itself loose :doh: 

Weird, hate it when you find loose or suddenly missing bolts or connections. What baffles me more is I probably had just tested four headlamp delay modules about a week prior to today too. 

Is it common for MJ owners to not make the best of choices when getting MJ specific parts? I'm starting to think so. Anyways this bumper is mostly intact with light surface rust. Only the support failed and so I will fabricate something new out of the old bumper that was on my truck.

IMG_7396.JPG.2dfb39d5751a3f0421e365e9cc48aa09.JPGIMG_7397.JPG.705ef432a55828655b48678ccd2be606.JPG

Took a few days but I cut all the welds loose. Now to make the bumper straight and rust free.