Lets rewind the clock to August of 2020. I posted a topic about the Pre-heater hose and asked about what it exactly does and what not. I decided that back in December I would replace it and a dealer showed to have it. Struck out...Searched the part number up and bingo! Ebay shows two....in the heart of the Reich(not really)...So I bought it early in January, messaged the seller if he would ship to the U.S. and he agreed and shipped it. $100 later and a month goes by with no info. Now two months later it finally shows up! So now I can replace mine. 

IMG_8379.jpg.defe722f8bcc4cb28074abae3236a90a.jpg

I know, y'all are probably gonna ask, "But Eagle, couldnt ya just go to the parts store and get one?" Yes I absolutely could have. But I did not want to deal with the hassle of fitment issues and what not so I bought this. Ought to last me another 30 years right? 

On 3/7/2021 at 3:25 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Ohhhh yeahhhhh

IMG_8369.jpg.6dbd68445a68147f56f28db0c121dbee.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg.92b8a7b9ca50a0c5a8e185701acbb35c.jpg

This was a fun challenge. Thankfully I bought the right hardware and modified a bunch of airbag nuts I had to make this easier than with the old bolts we had cobbled together with the NOS parts. Holds my weight just fine. 

Wow man, you really went to town with those! Good job!!!:L::applause:

1 hour ago, Jesse J said:

that looks so good!

Thank ya!

32 minutes ago, OldSch88L said:

Wow man, you really went to town with those! Good job!!!:L::applause:

Oh yeah and thanks! Best part is the damage and holes are are no where near where my supports were mounted so everything lined up good. The rear supports were interesting to figure out though.  
Also took three packs of 1” grip tape and cut them with a cut off wheel to get the right width to fit in those grooves. 

So I finally found the Renix relay center relay connectors and got motivated to move the fog light relay into the relay center.

IMG_8397.jpg.b751a60db2f08593cf61816e9a3e26e3.jpg

Looks very out of place since its new but no one is going to know. Pretty happy to get the cheap relay that the fog harness did use off the fender wall. 

That being said, has anyone tried to make some sort of indicator for the blank space on the relay center cover? 

Thats a great question!

There was a lot planned before covid hit and most of them were cancelled right then and there. Theres a few coming up in March but most are pretty far of a drive like at least an hour or two. Theres one in Surprise I might go to on March 27th. But theres not a lot planned for this year from a quick internet search.

6 hours ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

Are you using an 86 bell housing for the external slave set up?

Nope. Not 86 specifically. Best part about this set up is 86-90 or whenever Chrysler changed to the external again is the same bell house. So everything will be plug n play. 

What the hell?! Something that shouldve been an hour job turned into an ordeal. 

Replacing the T-stat, how hard could that be right? 

Very...

Removed housing, removed t-stat, removed old gasket, cleaned surface, install new t-stat into housing, put gasket over, us bolts to help keep it all aligned, install, tighten down, leak, wait leak?

Fought to fix the issue, tightened down the bottom bolt cause thats where it was leaking. Instead I cracked the housing.

IMG_8412.jpg.2f911d212b275d311997fc2c0cc13842.jpg

So I went and grabbed my spare housing from the other 2.5L I have. installed that, still leaked. Fought with it, sanded the engine side mating surface to make sure all gasket and hunk was off. Installed, still leaked. Took new housing off, sanded down new housing, installed. Still LEAKED!! I thought, the hell is going on here? Tightened the bolts to spec, cleaned both surfaces. Well turns out I ruined the gasket and my father looked at the housing cause he was right there and saw the bottom mount was bent downward. So I fixed that, went to the auto store, got two gaskets, a fel-pro and inhouse. Installed in house cause it had the sticky side and viola!! No more leaking and now I have a happy engine at 210*. Before it would only barely hit 210 but run at 200. I think the T-stat would get stuck open and here's why I think so:

IMG_8411.jpg.03ae28518f82c960a344cfa4fbe3480a.jpg

This thing is brown and I have no idea why. Go back to 2018, I had a bad head gasket and drove on it till she ran like major poo. Changed that and all the fluids, engine ran really cool like too cool to pass emissions. So I swapped in this stant 195 and she ran great up until this past winter where I think it was sticking open. We shall see.. Now to replace the pass rear leaf and valve cover and fix the other three valve covers paints with Mopar paint. 

Yeah it sucks to lose the original to the engine housing but I am glad I had another that was still era correct. Now I need to find another one to have as a back up.  Aint that a lucky catch. All I decided to do was replace the pass leaf cause it was old and I had already replaced the drivers side due to a broken leaf. Ended up catching a ticking time bomb. 

On 3/20/2021 at 12:55 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Nope. Not 86 specifically. Best part about this set up is 86-90 or whenever Chrysler changed to the external again is the same bell house. So everything will be plug n play. 

Oh nice, I just assumed 86 since it’s the older style slave cylinder. I thought post 86 they used the newer style slave but I could be wrong. Either way that gonna be a great nice upgrade. :L: