8 hours ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

Oh nice, I just assumed 86 since it’s the older style slave cylinder. I thought post 86 they used the newer style slave but I could be wrong. Either way that gonna be a great nice upgrade. :L:

Oh yes it will be and I can't wait for it!!

Also went and finally saw a Street Comanche in person. No. 20 to be specific.

IMG_8417.jpg.efd3e03f07e2a771cb99e4cb9b8d232f.jpg

IMG_8418.jpg.aec32973ec556ce32247fcfbfa59256e.jpg

IMG_8419.jpg.5875c63e02f16922ec580e8923e033b4.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg.7616c0f75a547f2f8b84ebf7826f4e0e.jpg

Got some nice glamor shots. I absolutely LOVE @CactusComanche's street MJ. I also got a tour of the whole farm while I was there. Both learned a few new things and learned you could easily mount an XJ rear bumper using how the Street MJ mounted its custom rear bumper. Was absolutely worth the drive, plus needed to brake the oil change in LR and the new T-stat which both worked great! And that new rear leaf did a great job too! Which means no more vibes woooo! Now to be annoyed by two different looking leafs under my truck lol.

Gotta meet up again and hit a couple car shows as they start returning.

• 2 weeks later...

All the 84-86 external slave parts have been acquired including a NOS clutch kit which is awesome. 
Gonna swap out the flywheel too just because I broke a bolt off a while back when changing out the clutch a couple years ago. But it’s gonna be a great swap to do. 

Trans is out, bell house swapped, clutch swapped, NOS clutch hose tow the master swapped in, so far so good. Stopping for the night. Learned that the front bearing retainer bolts on the trans hold oil back so that was a fun little road block. 

BEST. UPGRADE. EVER... Got it all swapped and set up this morn. Just went for a drive and boy! Do I have to get used to a very light clutch pedal. But it engages soooo much better and I can drive without keeping my foot on the clutch from loosing pressure in the line.

But I think I discovered something. Last night I get the trans separated. I noted how the clutch pressure plate looks due to me braking off a bolt a while back. So I get the new to me flywheel on and NOS clutch package on and noted how much more compressed the pressure plate fingers are. Looking back where the broken bolt was, 3 or 5 fingers were sticking further out than what the others were. I think that was my problem all along without really thinking one bolt would make that much a difference and I will say, it clearly does. Especially when the internal slave was probably working harder than what it was designed to do. 

Fun stuff though!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Big capacity gas tank upgraded completely. Went off without a hitch except for one 3 hour problem. One of the straps was fighting me on getting to the J-bolt. Kept fighting and using a jack for extra strength and got no where. Took the strap out, bent it some to get more length. Still nothing. So I gave up and decided to just swap the other end strap for the one that was giving issues and low and behold! It went in with no issues. Not sure why. 

Went and fired her up after I got everything in place including the skid plate and all I can say is the new Bosch pump I got a while back is pretty damn quiet! Pretty impressed. 

Now to start a build thread on my house and adventure!

• 2 weeks later...

You ever have a week where you can't just catch a break and get settled or relaxed? Apparently thats my week this week lol. Washer on the ole Jeep Homestead decided it was time for the motor to go. I even took it apart and cleaned it and still no dice! Then I take a good left turn one day and my RPM's start to suffer. Ok the hell is going on? After two days I was still chasing this issue. Thought it was the TPS. Nope, changed it for good measure though. Turns out the NOS sock in the tank, was poorly made and the sock screen itself came off and was being suctioned on by the pump! What a week. I get the washing machine motor tomorrow so the week is clearing. 

3 minutes ago, 914.6stroker said:

man I can't believe they made dash matts for these. That is pretty cool. Where would a fella find one?

I work at a dealership and we have a local supplier for the dashmats we sell over the counter. I forget the company name at the moment but they are local out here in Tempe and my dash mat has done pretty damn well. I wish I knew the age of the one that came with my truck though.

2 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I work at a dealership and we have a local supplier for the dashmats we sell over the counter. I forget the company name at the moment but they are local out here in Tempe and my dash mat has done pretty damn well. I wish I knew the age of the one that came with my truck though.

If you could and if you get the chance I'd be very appreciative of any information leading to an opportunity to purchase a dash mat. 

Edited by 914.6stroker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, Red Mistress said:

That's a nice find !

Thanks!! Not sure how I missed your post! I still haven’t done much to it yet but I have my electrolysis up and running so I can de-rust the mounts so I can weld them up. 

Also got a fantastic view at the Olive Garden:

FB065742-A824-4377-AD2A-2C8B8675BC88.jpeg.65d04fc0bef0f56607ecc45825c74a84.jpeg

Gotta love 30+ year old coolant hoses. One from the heater valve to the intake manifold sprung a pinhole leak. So I had to go dig my original hose from the T-stat to the heater valve out and swap the hoses only to find out that I could’ve moved the clamp a little past the hole and stop the leak. That’s how long the nipple is on the intake manifold. Anywho! Back to working on the house and Chunk.