28 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

Duck tape ftw? :teehee: just a pin hole. 

Lol I tried actually but I unfortunately discovered the leak in the Lowe’s parking lot so I got her home quickly and tried but didn’t work due to it being hot. 

• 2 weeks later...

Woot!! I replaced my rear brake cables and holy crap why do they make such a difference. I mean only one was hanging up and dragging but I replaced both and it’s like I’m gliding on butter. Oh and they still stop and work as they should lol. Here’s to another 35 years with those cables. 

10 minutes ago, OldSch88L said:

Jeez! Your truck is pretty much the official mascot for factory MJ accessories!!! Lookin' good!!!:L:

Lol pretty much! The obsession is real! Just need the hidden winch and I think I’d be set with the ‘desert fox’ concept for the MJ. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Does it seem like the truck was painted nearly two years ago and over 10 build thread pages ago?

Time has flown by. 

Man. Time has flown with Little Red. I seriously remember like it was yesterday that it was just January and I had brought her home to be just a daily driver only to find out I dove into an unwarranted addiction lol. But seriously it’s still fun. 

8 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Man. Time has flown with Little Red. I seriously remember like it was yesterday that it was just January and I had brought her home to be just a daily driver only to find out I dove into an unwarranted addiction lol. But seriously it’s still fun. 

These trucks never really do get super old to be around. They are too dang nice to drive too. 

2 hours ago, Muncher said:

Nice! Good score

Indeed. It’s still derusting lol. I need to take it out now and actually start repairing it. 

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

These trucks never really do get super old to be around. They are too dang nice to drive too. 

Agreed. They’re a luxury and a look back to simpler times for automobiles. 

On 7/14/2021 at 11:54 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Gets better the longer you own it. I still get $#!& from buddies as they drive new cars and what not,  and here I be still driving the 30+ year old jeep. Replace engine and its brand new again i tell them. Reliability and the ease of maintaining is your friend with these trucks. THE ADDICTION is real. :grinyes:

3 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Gets better the longer you own it. I still get $#!& from buddies as they drive new cars and what not,  and here I be still driving the 30+ year old jeep. Replace engine and its brand new again i tell them. Reliability and the ease of maintaining is your friend with these trucks. THE ADDICTION is real. :grinyes:

Agreeeeeedddd! My assistant manager gives me crap all the time and asks why I won’t buy a new car. Usually end up giving hi. The whole newer cars suck and older cars are more fun to have and maintain speech. 

So I revamped the power locks a couple nights ago. Really wish I knew relays better then but I didn’t and it all worked so I never bothered. After a year or so of having them I got fed up with the system and how I had it. It wouldn’t lock unless you kept pushing the button down and that’s because of how I had it. So I rewired it all correctly and it works fantastic now. One thing down, few more to go. 

Yeah I have had my good enough moments as well, and as i get back around to it I then usually make it easier and ensure it shall last. :shaking: always something to fix or redo. Its a good lifer truck. Never ending project jeep. :grinyes:

You get that brush guard on yet? 

12 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

You get that brush guard on yet? 

Man, it’s not even done in the electrolysis bath yet. Course I can’t get the middle but the mounting ends are the worse part where they need to be welded and reinforced. It’s killing me not to have that guard on yet. 

5 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

So I revamped the power locks a couple nights ago. Really wish I knew relays better then but I didn’t and it all worked so I never bothered. After a year or so of having them I got fed up with the system and how I had it. It wouldn’t lock unless you kept pushing the button down and that’s because of how I had it. So I rewired it all correctly and it works fantastic now. One thing down, few more to go. 

You went through the exact process as Jeep did in 1991. Prior to that the power locks sucked. After they added in relays to shorten the current path, the power locks became much stronger.

4 minutes ago, Minuit said:

You went through the exact process as Jeep did in 1991. Prior to that the power locks sucked. After they added in relays to shorten the current path, the power locks became much stronger.

Oh yeah. I remember you and I talking about it and setting up as HO. I thought I knew the basics of relays and had it set up right but my knowledge of relays was pretty poor at that moment. 

Just found out the front to rear bypass system works this morning. Front drivers side brake line blew and immediately locked up the rear. Brake light came on and I knew there was trouble. I can still drive and stop and what not but looks like I’m gonna have to be mighty cautious for a bit. Or hitch a ride from my friend. 

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Just found out the front to rear bypass system works this morning. Front drivers side brake line blew and immediately locked up the rear. Brake light came on and I knew there was trouble. I can still drive and stop and what not but looks like I’m gonna have to be mighty cautious for a bit. Or hitch a ride from my friend. 

Glad nothing bad happened and good to hear the bypass worked. Time for all new stainless hoses. Lol

9 minutes ago, watchamakalit said:

Glad nothing bad happened and good to hear the bypass worked. Time for all new stainless hoses. Lol

Lol pretty much! I’m surprised it worked too as I’m sure I never bled it the factory way but they locked up pretty damn quick. I thought maybe my rear shoes were well worn due to the dragging of the old e-brake lines but guess not. 

13 hours ago, Minuit said:

Glad your truck's safety systems worked and prevented bad things from happening.

Thanks Jeremy. 

Course I can’t catch a break lately. Today I hydroplaned a little bit due to rain. So I have never gone home the way I usually take in the rain so it was new for me a little. Well I was going a smidge too fast apparently and the on ramp to the 101 is concrete. So I ran right into the divide island and crunched the drivers side upper and lower control arms. Everything including myself is ok. Nothing damaged at all except the control arms. Glad I kept my old ones so I will swap those ones in and order some new Mopar ones on Monday. Hopefully steering isn’t too tweaked after that. But it looks like the control arms took most the impact so I’m looking forward to an easy fix.