• 2 weeks later...

Radiator swap went off without a hitch. Got the new one in. Crowns model is accurate to the T except the radiator cap. Looks like they designed it to probably fit their caps which doesn’t surprise me. So I broke out the dremel to make sure my AMC radiator cap would fit on the radiator. All is good. No leaks which is nice.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

havent done much, attended a couple car shows and still havent done the new labels yet. 

But thats not the reason for this post. Apparently the retainer for the shifter finally had it and broke. Luckily I still had Chunks assembly with the broken threads laying around. Spent 30min separating both handles, swapped the retainer rings over and now were back in business....but for how long is the question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Damn.  Its been a bit huh. Well she still lives. Duh, runs like a champ. But im here today to show this gem:

IMG_2264.jpg

My key in chime failed. Ok thats fine. Ill order a new switch for the column cause that usually brakes from the stress. 

Plot twist. The switch isnt broke. Ok thats weird. Did some power tracing. Found I had no power, weird. Found a popped fuse. I think I did that when the switch contacted the column. Replaced it, still nothin. Ok. Busted out the MJ electrical manual. Found the chime circuit, went to the dome lamp as well. Decided to take the switch out and found the 40 year old switch is broke. Alright, thanks for your service switch. Dug out my NOS one, put it in and We are back in business with a new switch too. That is all. I need to add some stickers to her from boxyjeep still. Been lazy.

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Damn.  Its been a bit huh. Well she still lives. Duh, runs like a champ. But I'm here today to show this gem:

IMG_2264.jpg

My key in chime failed. Ok thats fine. Ill order a new switch for the column cause that usually brakes from the stress. 

Plot twist. The switch isnt broke. Ok thats weird. Did some power tracing. Found I had no power, weird. Found a popped fuse. I think I did that when the switch contacted the column. Replaced it, still nothin. Ok. Busted out the MJ electrical manual. Found the chime circuit, went to the dome lamp as well. Decided to take the switch out and found the 40 year old switch is broke. Alright, thanks for your service switch. Dug out my NOS one, put it in and We are back in business with a new switch too. That is all. I need to add some stickers to her from boxyjeep still. Been lazy.

Oh man, I wonder if that's the mysterious source of my ignition chime module not working.

I was welding in the door hinges last weekend and I removed the door ajar switches so nothing melted. I cleaned up the terminals on the door ajar switches with a fiberglass pen and applied ox-guard for good measure. After everything cooled off, I assembled everything and for the first time, I head a buzzing sound when I put the key in the ignition and turned the cylinder. It did it about 3 times and then I could not replicate it.

Crazy. I wonder if it's the same point of failure.

23 minutes ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Crazy. I wonder if it's the same point of failure

More than likely. I was actually surprised as I have never removed my switches from the door jambs. But it looks like the nylon clip that holds the terminal to the switch has just failed to hold the terminal to the switch. I’d give it a look. Maybe soak it in some vinegar to remove any corrosion if it still is in good shape. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hahahah I love this pic! Thank you Carter and thank you for driving her home too!

Sadly I was not able to make it but I made sure she was there though....stupid Ford inventory. (ignore my friend back there, he had a blast for me while I suffered haha.)

Lets go for next year!

35 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Let’s see if we can get a few more MJs there next year! Thanks for letting me drive it!

I agree! Next year I will post on both the Comanche groups on FB to get their butts out there. Love to reach out to the SJ, XJ and CJ guys too.

And of course!

Now I gotta replace the ebrake cable. Yay...