16 minutes ago, rylee144 said:

woo! nice work

12 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

Good work!

8 minutes ago, Minuit said:

:banana:

I think you know I'm gonna ask - how are your vent temps?

Thanks guys, Now to attend to other matters on the list

Minuit. The temps are cold. I need to grab my dads temp gun and see what is coming out. But I thoroughly enjoyed the cruise home.

Someone on here was right about the 2.5L not wanting to go fast now with AC. And that is true. 

When I met up with pirate I managed to snag a heavy duty cooling fan for the 2.8L. so if temps go up, that fan is going on.

8 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

IR gun. Pointed at the very back of the vent. Probably blowing out somewhere close to 50*

50F is still a very good number considering the Renix era's smaller compressor and various other things. If I remember correctly you're using a stock replacement condenser too. At the end of the day, all that really matters is that YOU HAVE AIR CONDITIONING! :L:

A/C in my opinion is the one thing that is always, 100% of the time, completely worth the heartache and cost involved in getting it.

Yup. Factory condenser. Despite the battle and a half I went through, the burden has been lifted from my shoulders and it has all been very worth it. My father is calling this as an omen as he fixed my moms AC and predicts hell will freeze over here. Lets see!

You running R134a or the original R12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well. Thanks to JMO he sent me his cruise regulator and sure enough cruise control is back and fully operational!

Couple things done that I failed to point out that I have done

Replaced the cowl grill with a NOS one. Much better than the one that was falling apart from the sun

Replaced my hella 550's with smaller 450's

AC went through a hiccup, I lost Freon and yesterday it stopped cooling. I literally had a dream the previous night to where I was driving home and AC stopped blowing cold. Talk about living your dream. Anyways got the loose connection tightened and had the system evaced and recharged. It is now blowing cold once more!

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

I literally had a dream the previous night to where I was driving home and AC stopped blowing cold.

I don’t know if dreaming about your MJ is cool or concerning. I’ll just go woth cool. 

2 hours ago, Minuit said:

I dream about air conditioning all the time. Maybe I'm not the best example to go by though :nuts:

Lol, that's ok there are way worse examples out there. I'm sure I've dreamt about the day numerous times of cruising home with AC.

I did an upgrade that I've been adamant about doing. Crusiers blower motor ground. Never had a reason to cut into the pristine harness until now.

So far so cold with AC. Driving home is much more bearable now. Next is to refresh the interior panels with new coat of paint. Then I shall start a new project so I can get Little Red painted and be done with the restoration. 

Hint, New project(hopefully) is the epitome of 70's luxury and is Mopar.

Well I took all the light grey interior pieces out today and gave them a refresh on paint. Damn. That's how good it looks. Even painted the euramtec light bezels too to match. Now I just need the other color to do the lower dash bezel and center console.  Also got the windows tinted. No longer have factory tint. It does help with cooling off the inside of the cab. 

Before

63E0305D-1A8B-4DF3-AEFA-EE44D64EBBDE.jpeg.5c9c305de24de6ea649354d3bb19918b.jpeg

After

C4ADD0FA-79BC-4EC3-9A1B-7921B0059B31.jpeg.ca0410da8585002a777664ecce19363c.jpeg

(I know, it may look funny but I had the panel in a different spot. I blame the lighting and my color blindness)

DD2130A2-05CB-4606-B1A8-F2F97150F3AB.jpeg.b27fc47569b0a271afd381efa37a4280.jpegF7BDFF01-F2CB-43FC-85E9-1AA276E1B1C8.jpeg.c34c6513ed2203775f9b1f4948c788b9.jpeg

It definitely looks new inside. 

3 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

6682D3AC-A5B9-45F5-B425-2D3E8B1F2D76.jpeg.55b0138406edbbe5e4e6a7462163d72a.jpeg

I love the hunt!!

for whatever reason this sat a a dealer since August of ‘86. 

And no. There are not ten pieces in there. There’s 26

That is awesome! The hunt is the best part!