So what does the Mrs. Think of ur MJ, and MJ addiction?

sinnaevd

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

hahahaha, so the ex HATED it. you know bo from dukes of hazzard? yeah, it's like that. she wouldn't even go wheeling with me, and hated riding in it (it's ok she's got a jetta that we rode in...back seat ;) )

my mom thinks it's nice...but doesn't want to hear anything about it.

I guess that after seeing me scrap out 4 or 5 of them, restore mine, put the camaro engine in it, not to mention the zj I had that i traded for the parts xj, and the fact that I own no less than 3 comanches personally at a time doesn't appease to her. add to that my father's DD is an 86 MJ factory TD and my bro drives an 88 pioneer 4.0 MJ...well, she hates it. but she tolerates it as long as we don't talk about it with her.

the new girl i'm into loves it and asked me to help her find one cause she hates driving her malibu in the snow, and loves wheeling :D

my girl friend/aka mother of my child asked me the other day when we were gona get married and i said as soon as i get the manche fixed caus its been broken fer a wile and i miss it (been saven up money fer the motor/axel/steering or so that was the plan) . :D

ya she didnt like that to much wich means the manche is still broken , I'm broke and were getn married in october

• 7 months later...

first xj i had, my wife hated but tolerated. the mj she didn't like at first (just look at my pic <---- :D but she likes how it drives, except in snow being a 2wd. she likes the xj we have now, too.

for our anniversary, she surprised me by borrowing a friend's zj and going to silver lake sand dunes for fun in the sand. she likes wheelin', especially when she's driving jamminz.gif

My wife hates the MJ because of jealousy. Says I should marry it. :nuts: The whole house is filled with clamshells; wife, two daughters, even the damn cat and dog. To get away from them for therapeutic reasons I play with the MJ in the garage (except if I need one of them to pump the pedal for brake bleeding or something). But the cat does these jobs the best of all of them. :D :cheers: :D

my wife hates my MJ she said "if i could break it i would" she hates that i talk about it all the time....let me put it this way i can only spend christmas/b-day money on it ...nothing from the joint account! my mom lent me the $100 to buy it which i think pissed her off (prob. why my mom did it). she calls it the rusty hunk of $#!&amp;

my fiance won't ride in, won't let me spend money on it, won't drive it and won't look at it. i think it really boils down to the fact i work on it all the time. ive been under it all day everyday of the christmas break. ive also been spending about 100 bucks a day on it. i think something is wrong and replace it with a new part. brakes, bushings, u-joints the list goes on and on. pisses her off to no end. i found a new trick though. i pay for parts with my credit card, then when bill time comes i just pay one lump sum and blame it on lifes needs like gas, lunch and stuff. i think shes on to me though :D

Holy Dead threads Batman!!!!!!

I've been kicking around selling my MJ. It sits at the back of the drive, with the bed loaded full of crap to go to the junk, plus all the spare tires that don't fit in the garage. It doesn't get driven and I feel like its going to waste there. My wife won't let me..... She says I won't be able to find another when I finish the XJ in the spring. She is even willing to budget in an indoor storage for it, and the tow rig now that we bought a van.

I can't complain.... But she sees how the husbands and boyfriends of her friends want to gamble/drink and screw around. I'm out in the drive or garage f@#$'in with my Jeeps. Plus with 4 females in the house , the boy and I need to escape.

I've been kicking around selling my MJ. It sits at the back of the drive, with the bed loaded full of crap to go to the junk, plus all the spare tires that don't fit in the garage. It doesn't get driven and I feel like its going to waste there. My wife won't let me..... She says I won't be able to find another when I finish the XJ in the spring. She is even willing to budget in an indoor storage for it, and the tow rig now that we bought a van.

I can't complain.... But she sees how the husbands and boyfriends of her friends want to gamble/drink and screw around. I'm out in the drive or garage f@#$'in with my Jeeps. Plus with 4 females in the house , the boy and I need to escape.

At least you have a boy to escape with. Closest thing I have is a fixed female cat, who does keep me company in the garage and is learning how to pump the brake pedal quite well. :D

At least you have a boy to escape with. Closest thing I have is a fixed female cat, who does keep me company in the garage and is learning how to pump the brake pedal quite well. :D

:laughin: :rotfl2: :laughin: :rotfl2: :rotf:

My girlfriend was great about me getting my 86 manche.BUT(big but)when I picked it up on a friday night I made her go wheelin with me.Just wanted to see what it would do,nothing big cuz we were alone 10 miles from my house.Well needless to say the first hole i went in was quite bigger than i thought ...water over the head lights,inside the cab....stuck!!!!!!it wasnt good.As i got out of the truck it started rainin,when i looked at her she said you can walk home and get the dodge,I'm not walkin (very pi**ed)So on my walk I got someone to take me close to home,they even sold me a tow stap.It was all cool I was only gone about 15 min. and I had my dodge4x4 and a tow strap.Well now it has rained so hard thatI had to pull it from behind,she drove the manche in reverse and i pulled.....then....i herd it....glass shattering.yup the strap broke and took out the rear window of the manche and was layin in the pass side seat,And her ...well she was fine(bawling hysterically)I had to take her home.It rained all night so on Saturday no one would come get it out.I ended up gettin a winch.And lets just say that Tami hates the manche and any thing doin with it.So now I recruit copilots.And this is known as the time I tried to kill her.

The MJ addiction she is kool with, but it's my jeep addiction that puts her over the top. I haven't been able to own two Jeeps at one time for years. I found the perfect J truck but I haven't been able convince her of its benefits :nuts: So instead I get to buy Hellcreek HD springs and get the bed of the MJ rhino lined (who could complain with that deal? :D )

got the dirtiest look ever when i strolled in after buying it, and the 45 minute drive home took 3 hours... but the doors came off, fenders got hacked and dragged her to the woods 9 short days later and now the wife loves it, in the midst of replacing the floors, gotta recut the front fenders and find some more lift for the 33s I'm tryin to buy now...

A good sign is the girl I currently like likes the MJ, so hey. I may be in luck hehe
Sounds like my situation. She used to have a ZJ, but the engine died and she got a "PT LOOSER" as she calls it, she wants to go back to a Jeep of some sorts, and after seeing mine and my sister's Jeeps being lifted and worked on, shes edging into the lifted direction... I think I may have caught a good one :D

When I brought mine home and parked it next to the other 6 Jeeps, my wife was none too happy about the MJ. I did eventually move it to a friends shop.

What really pissed her off is the fact that it's a 5spd not auto. She's a left handed blonde and the whole shifting and using a clutch has never been, how shall I say, her strong suit. If it were an automatic she would be driving it to work. She had a badass XJ from '92-'95 and until we had kids she always had an XJ or ZJ.

She knew what she was getting with me, I had a Jeep when we met and told her to be careful not to compete with it.

We celebrated 15 years the 19 Dec. ;)