Introduce your Comanche...

Pete M

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I have ever posted any pictures of my Jeep on here before, so I figured I would put one up. It's not much to look at considering all the salt erosion but even rusty Comanches look better than most trucks on the road.

I have some ZJ springs to put up front that will help even out the 2.5 inches of forward rake I have. I love this truck, it runs strong, is cheap to keep around and has never let me down.

Not much sence it's a 2wd no point in lifting it.

My parts list

Clutch

all fluids

filters

sparkplugs

wiper blades

flush the radiator

Mabey wiper moters :headpop:

And fix the roof

Image Not Found

What i want to do

brush guard (i'm still going off road with it just not that extrame)

driving lights (already have)

tool box( already have)

stereo ( already have)

more pics

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Foundjamminz.gif [/u]

My new to me '87 Pioneer 4x4 4.0 automatic, just bought it two days ago.

The previous owner broadsided a deer at 55mph and lost his license in the process (DUI). So he sold the truck he's not allowed to drive anymore to help pay the fines. I paid $400 for it.

Engines runs okay, with an intermittent miss (once every 10 minutes or so). 4x4 works, but the idiot light stays on even when in 2hi. Has a brand new radiator and water pump.

Just today I noticed it has a broken leaf on the rear suspension, and the gas tank leaks (after putting $60 into it). It also has the obvious front end damage, but the frame is fine, and I need to check out a scary wobble/shake in the front. It happened when exiting the freeway and coasting from 70 to about 50, went away when I hit the brakes. Need to check the ball joints.

This will become my DD since the other vehicle (the white one) only gets 10 mpg around town and 15 on the highway.

Projects:

#1 gas tank

#2 front steering suspension

#3 front end body damage

#4 rear suspension

#5 exhaust (glass pack?)

After that? Lift some, cut some, get bigger tires. It currently runs 235/75R15 (29") on what I believe to be 8" (stock?) rims.

Marcel

• 3 weeks later...
I'm new to the site, just picked up the bare MJ body from bigworkskidoo and figured I'd join since theres a lot of good info on here. I'll be swapping all the parts from my current XJ on the MJ and also adding a cage to it before the interior goes in.

Stay tuned for a picture filled build up thread, unfortunately I work in Canada M-F, so it might be a slow build.

Taking parts from this...

And putting them on this....

Here's a more recent pic of my MJ. Its almost ready to be driven on the road, just a few more things need to be finsihed up.

Oh to be the new guy.......

I recently Purchased a 1987 Comanche 2wd Base, Ax5/NP207 are installed (Maybe a 231 after I get the conversion done.) I'm going to be asking a million questions I'm Sure. Refered here by ComancheKidwa.

Here are some Pics. The Plan = 4.5 RE/SOA/D30-35 to get it rolling. Then go from there. 4wd Conversion is currently in process.

~Ryan Galford

Current Trail Rig is 1993 Yj/4.5/34" Ltb/8.8Detroit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I built this MJ for my wife. It is an '88 with 4.0, AW4, TNT Y-link, 8.8 rear with spring over, ECTEDs front and rear, 231 doubler, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, etc. I converted it from 2WD to 4WD and swapped the Peugeot 5 speed for the AW4. More details here:

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8989

I also have an XJ, my third.

Willy

Here is my current MJ. At this point, I'm still getting to know it, So I'll leave all the details untill I get everything sorted out.

Here is a link to My other Comanches, both past and present, Sorry that they are out of order, but I couldn't figure out how to move them within the album:

I like your idea about those two "caged" lights under the bumper!!!

VERY SLICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CW

Here's a few other shots

On the old XJ

Image Not Found

Side view. The angle back is the same as a front skid platess angle

Image Not Found

No grille guard

Image Not Found

It's good to see "Project RedbullMJ" is still alive. I regret selling it!! I had great time building this MJ......I wish I never sold it!!

here's my baby....My first truck....I'm a 16 year old jeepfreak....hence my love for my manche and jeeps in general..have been around jeeps since birth and know a fair deal about them.... pops has gone through 25+ jeeps so ive got to know them pretty well...but still learning thnx to all you nice folks ... i love this site for it doesnt have all this flaming nonsense just clean jeep fun...

enough typin here's my toy 1989 manche swb 4x4 4.0 automatic column shift has about 5.5 in lift...35's M/T MTZ's...for know gearing is stock on the original 30/35 but the rear is lincoln welded...I'm already looking into putting gears on it...like in 2 weeks ..the engine is stock except for a cheapo air intake..mustang injectors...and a flowmaster exhaust..oh the truck has virtually no rust!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I figure it was about time I put a picture of my MJ on the site. It's not much. I use it to plow my driveway. It is stock as far as I know. I have plans on adding the RC 3" lift and Soft 8's with 31s. Hopefully, I will get it painted sometime this summer. Besides the floor there isn't much rust at all for a northern truck. Rocker are solid. Inside of the bed has some issues but I am going to spray a liner in.

I have a 1990 Jeep Comanche Pioneer 2WD 4.0L Automatic SWB. I just got her for $500 from my brother-in-law's aunt. I can tell it's been abused so I'll have to go out there tomorrow and see where I stand. l_be70ec80391f25eeabad92cf1ea6eaeb.jpg

Hey yall. I'm a noob here. found this place while trying to fugure out my clutch problem. here's mine

88 comanche sport truck. It actually has the new Ford powerstroke paint on it. I just recently put a new bed on it

2.5, 4-speed, 4.10's

i usually get around 23-26 mpg, my best is 28 which i got going from Evanston, Wy-to Laramie Wy, with a 30mph tailwind. My future plans are to convert it to 4x4, either put a 4.0 or re-build the 2.5 since its got 250,000 miles on the origional engine. The only thing that has gone wrong is i popped a pushrod on the #4 cylinder. It actually does pretty good off road for only being a 2wd.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 5 weeks later...

I have wanted a Comanche since I used one to deliver auto parts for one of the local parts warehouses. When the opportunity to turn one into a 'tuff truck' I was ecstatic! I know there was a thread about it as being part of Centsless Racing, but I figured I'd post it up here too....Here she is......