Introduce your Comanche...

Pete M

My two day new to me 1990 4x4 inline6 with 2" lift 31" AT tires. it also came with a permanently locked drivers side door i spent today climbing over the bench-seat to my passenger door :roll:

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Can you have more that One???

Well.......some of you know......and alot don't......but I've been 'collecting' MJ's for the past 3-4 years........got into this bind after I bought my first one 7 years ago :oops:

And to make WahooSteeler happy.......well, almost......cause I couldn't get them all in one line.....

Yesterday made for #10 brought home :roll: Not counting the 3 that I've had to Part (with) in the shop (on shelfs) :roll:

So......I present-

So there's 10 MJ's (in 2 rows) '86 - '90 and couple XJ's throw in the mix ;)

That is my collection to date :doh:

And before you ask, Yes, One (the one with the plow lights) is on the road (my 2nd DD) and the rest are for parts, in the process of parts, or whole and in need of restoration :roll:

If time allows this spring.......a couple will be brought out of the snow banks and will be finished projects :D

I'm 25 but you should adopt me !!!

Dad's MJ stock 4.0, AW4, D30)/D44

My 93 XJ

My 01 62K XJ

I'm 25 but you should adopt me !!!

Now why would I want to do that :hmm:

You'll have to talk to my nephew about that.......he already knows that he'll get stuck, ah, re, Inherent my collection :D

I like your dad's MJ.......lots of chrome :drool:

Hello, My name is Chuck

My 1988 Comanche Pioneer-

4.0 5-speed 112k miles

4" lift, not sure what brand but it is old and horrible

31x10.5 BFG mud terrains

cable axle lock conversion

and all the exterior add ons that you see (which I am sure you know what they are so I won't list them.

I have had this for almost two years and is my fourth Jeep. I bought my first one when I was 14 and it was a 1970 Jeepster that I rescued from a woods and worked on all through high school and had on the road for a little bit of that time. I have also had a '88 4.0 Cherokee and a '86 2.5 Cherokee.

I am getting ready to re-do the suspension and axles and I want to make the underside look as good as the top side. I plan on doing the RE 3.5 up front and the Hell Creek springs in the rear and either a Dana 44 or 8.8 Ford in the rear with a posi or a locker and possibly run 4.10s.

I also want to put TJ rear flares all the way around and a 97 or newer grill and maybe a pre-runner bumper at some point. I can't wait to finish up my other projects that I have going right now and rip into this this summer.

I call dibs on the red short box sitting upside down on the long box. Can't seem to find one here in the rust belt that isnt all banged up, rusted out, or full of bondo. Nice collection of MJ's :bowdown:

:eek:

No way!!! :no:

Last month I made a 780 mile trip in one day to get that box from "rust free NYC"

And it's going be used here, Thank you :D

Here is my beast.

89 with 140,xxx miles

4.0L W/ 5 Speed Pukegoat and 231 Tc

Picked it up for $800

Just finished a rusty's 4.5 Spring pack lift. Now I need some wheels and tires.

Some Hillbilly RTI ramp action. :D

-Gary

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Okay, this is my '88 Laredo MJ before the make over:

And this is during:

Doorless is the SHIZZNIT, son. jamminz.gif

Now, with 6" of lift, and 31s'. WOOT!!! :thumbsup: :banana:

I have added a little more to her over the last week, and I will post some 'wheeling shots soon, as I now need to get the rear D/S lengthend.

Hello, My name is Chuck

My 1988 Comanche Pioneer-

4.0 5-speed 112k miles

4" lift, not sure what brand but it is old and horrible

31x10.5 BFG mud terrains

cable axle lock conversion

and all the exterior add ons that you see (which I am sure you know what they are so I won't list them.

I have had this for almost two years and is my fourth Jeep. I bought my first one when I was 14 and it was a 1970 Jeepster that I rescued from a woods and worked on all through high school and had on the road for a little bit of that time. I have also had a '88 4.0 Cherokee and a '86 2.5 Cherokee.

I am getting ready to re-do the suspension and axles and I want to make the underside look as good as the top side. I plan on doing the RE 3.5 up front and the Hell Creek springs in the rear and either a Dana 44 or 8.8 Ford in the rear with a posi or a locker and possibly run 4.10s.

I also want to put TJ rear flares all the way around and a 97 or newer grill and maybe a pre-runner bumper at some point. I can't wait to finish up my other projects that I have going right now and rip into this this summer.

Chuck,

GREAT LOOKING MJ!!!!! I always loved those rims you have!!

CW

Here are mine:

'88 "Truggy": 4.0, Auto, Tera-Low 4:1 and 2-low kit, 37's, Ford HP D44 front, 3-link, Crane interlocking knuckles, Yukons, Alloy shafts, 5:13's and a Detroit, 9" Ford rear, spooled, Alloys, 4-link, nitrogen coil overs. Build by a good friend who traded for my built XJ.

'88 Shortbed, 4cyl, 5spd. Soon to receive '97+ drivetrain, sheet metal and full dash/interior, 4" lift, 32's, HP D30/8.25 both with 4:56's.

Here are mine:

'88 "Truggy": 4.0, Auto, Tera-Low 4:1 and 2-low kit, 37's, Ford HP D44 front, 3-link, Crane interlocking knuckles, Yukons, Alloy shafts, 5:13's and a Detroit, 9" Ford rear, spooled, Alloys, 4-link, nitrogen coil overs. Build by a good friend who traded for my built XJ.

'88 Shortbed, 4cyl, 5spd. Soon to receive '97+ drivetrain, sheet metal and full dash/interior, 4" lift, 32's, HP D30/8.25 both with 4:56's.

Hey Yellaheep, are you in CO? I swear I saw you on Eagle rock with NAXJA last year when I was running Saran Wrap with the Rockfrogs.

hey there,

i've got an 88 2.5 2wd 4spd. 113k on the clock... pretty much stock... with the addition of some zj wheels, 94 xj seats and console, and an xm radio tuner.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

these are the most recent pics i've got, i've since color matched the grille and headlight bezels, and removed the rest of the side mouldings.

Your truck is I quess what they remembered when they made mine, black, 2.5, I have the 5 speed and I also have the zj wheels and seats. I have a tennessee truck, and have pulled the rubber back on the floor and it is clean. No rust. My trucks body has had more abuse than yours though. But it is a jeep, it can take it.

I don't think I ever posted my pic's on this Thread. My 87 LB 4.0l Ba-10 2wd. I'm the original owner 86k miles

Bed never seen a pebble, Southern California MJ was made into a shaggy Comanche at least I could live in mine. LOL

Marine carpet

This is what mine looked like when I lifted my carpet. lol

After

This is what mine looked like when I lifted my carpet. lol

You're a darned liar! That picture must have been taken in 1987, maybe 1988! :D

Floors like that don't exist here in Ohio :(

:bowdown: :bowdown: X2 in Pennsylvania. i don't think a single part of my truck looks that clean.

Ive been submitting here for a while, finnally got around to taking pics and going through photobucket. easier than I thought.

here's my baby, 1987 Sportruck 2.5, AX4, 2wd, 3:55 R+P

I'm in the process of converting to 4x4 with 4:10 gears. Ive already added the AC and Power steering, and added a cold air intake I had laying around after finding out I needed to lose the airbox to have room for the other stuff, and I think it looks cool, though any increase in power is little to none. here's pics of the cold air, and my Dodoge caravan power steering resevior.

My donor truck is a 1986 2.8 V6 4x4 with bucket seats, AC, PS, tilt column, and rust free. The PO bought it running and driving with a knocking engine, imagine that in a 2.8! The body is rough in a few places but very solid. I think this may turn into a future project with who knows what kind of motor...maybe a V8????

The owner of the dealer I work for has a 1988 Comanche Olympic Edition 4.0 4x4 SWB...its been having brake problems for years and hes now trying to get me to see if I can fix it...I'm not sure though... too many hands been in it! I told him Id swap the MC assy from my 86 to see if it would help..we'll see. here's the pics of the 88.

And we have this little beauty for sale on the lot! Any takers???

And Ill throw this in cause I like it!

Image Not Found

And here is my other baby... Ghia Marie...riding in the MJ, she likes it because she can see out all the windows!

All very nice, and cute kid! Those 1/2 cab Unlimiteds are made nearby in NC correct? I would love to have one of those and add 16 inches to the back and have my modern day Scrambler. I wonder why they, or nobody else that I know of, have not done that? Wheelbase of the Unlimited is EXACTLY the same as CJ-8/Scrambler, bed would just need 16 inches to match specs there.

If you want to sell the 86 "as is", chicofuentes might take it. You just need to add some lime green fuzzy balls to your headliner cuz he's been lookin' for a lowrider! :yes: