Introduce your Comanche...

Pete M

I'm up in bellingham close to the border. just found out a neighbor is selling a complete 84 cherokee with a 2.5 minus the carb for a few hundred bones, might not be a bad idea since my head has a few exhaust manifold bolts broken off inside, or maybe find a carb for it and fix it. any serious red flags for purchasing an old carburated xj?

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 86. I was going crazy from not having a jeep in the driveway and the MJ fit the bill when it came to hauling building materials for my kitchen remodel.

It's got the 2.8L, ax-5, NP-207, and a Dana 35.

I suppose I didn't do too bad for $1200. The rockers are worse than originally thought, oh well, guess I'll try to replace them in the spring. The bed is mostly rust free.

A re-introduction of sorts. I bought this Comanche for parts for my sold 4x4. It wound up being a solid truck and have driven it ever since. I have put almost 60k on it in 2.5 years. Got my moneys worth out iof it, I'd say. It is my last remaining JEEP. If the right donor appears at the same time that I have the money, i will convert it to 4x4. The LWB on e-bay looks good, but no money at the moment. I've spent the last few days ironing out little annoying things like interior lights converted over the the 3.29 Advance Auto lights, door latches, and I need to fix the winshield washer. Things I didn't miss when I had other go to rides. Trying to decide if I want to put the 10 spoke wheels on it. And I'm actually keeping it washed now. I love these trucks.

when I brought it home 2.5 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Easy answer KYMJ............Turbines all the way :yes:

Much nicer wheel than the stock steelies :roll:

Dude, the a-team van had turbines. Of course they're better.

General Lee too. :D

1420525559_ecc9ccb605_o.jpg

0517_general_lee_ebay.jpg

and these are sorta turbines... :dunno:

future060208_468x314.jpg

Very nice! Any rust issues with it being in the northeast? Looks very clean.

thanks! i painted it myself, with rattle cans lol... it's 99.9% rust free, with the .1% being the floorboards... when i bought it the pass. side had a small hole and the rest was solid, i've owned it 3 years now and keep it garaged all winter, it hasnt seen any salt since i bought it and barely any rain either, yet somehow the driver's side managed to rot out too! i think amc designed these trucks to dissolve in the rain!