Introduce your Comanche...

Pete M

MJs almost always rot from the inside out. you have to care for them with that in mind. you've got a water leak in the cab somewhere so the carpets are probably soaked underneath. And make sure you clean the little ledge right behind the sheetmetal above the rear flares. dirt gets trapped there and dirt attracts moisture which causes the bed rot that so many MJs have.

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 90 Eliminator I6, 5 speed, 134,000 miles on it. I picked it up back in March. I haven't done any work to it yet, but I plan to have it looking good within the next few months. Last week I picked up the front end from a 98 XJ, I'm trying to locate a S-10 rear bumper, and I have a set of Moabs off of my Rubicon to put on it. As far as a lift goes, the previous owner added taller springs out of something but the shocks are shot.

Since it needs rockers, floor pans, and a lot of dents and rust repaired I plan on letting someone else do the work for me lol. It's not that I'm being lazy about it, but my dad is an auto body instructor at a vocational school and we talked about it and decided that it would be a fun project for the kids to work on. I'll even let them decide on a new color for it too. Hopefully they can start in the next few weeks, when they do I will start a thread and post their progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Tacoma Washington.

I've had the Jeep for several years. It was a very basic MJ, the only options it had were Jeep alloy wheels and bucket seats of all things. No power anything or A/C. (I suspect it was a former government vehicle) The engine had several leaks (which I hate) so had them all fixed including a new rear seal. While it was apart had a new clutch put in and a new radiator and header tank. Added the Canyon wheels ($100 on Craig's list) and the rear bumper. I picked up the bedliner at a junk yard and had the stainless bed caps made in Tacoma. Installed a K& N air filter. Interior I put in a console and a new headliner. It's a really nice little Jeep.

Cheers,

Jess

Yes, Tacoma Washington.

I've had the Jeep for several years. It was a very basic MJ, the only options it had were Jeep alloy wheels and bucket seats of all things. No power anything or A/C. (I suspect it was a former government vehicle) The engine had several leaks (which I hate) so had them all fixed including a new rear seal. While it was apart had a new clutch put in and a new radiator and header tank. Added the Canyon wheels ($100 on Craig's list) and the rear bumper. I picked up the bedliner at a junk yard and had the stainless bed caps made in Tacoma. Installed a K& N air filter. Interior I put in a console and a new headliner. It's a really nice little Jeep.

Cheers,

Jess

I'm up in the Northshore Neighborhood (AKA NE Tac.) just above the Port, we should organize a M&G. There are several CC members around town here...

Here's my 90 Eliminator I6, 5 speed, 134,000 miles on it. I picked it up back in March. I haven't done any work to it yet, but I plan to have it looking good within the next few months. Last week I picked up the front end from a 98 XJ, I'm trying to locate a S-10 rear bumper, and I have a set of Moabs off of my Rubicon to put on it. As far as a lift goes, the previous owner added taller springs out of something but the shocks are shot.

Since it needs rockers, floor pans, and a lot of dents and rust repaired I plan on letting someone else do the work for me lol. It's not that I'm being lazy about it, but my dad is an auto body instructor at a vocational school and we talked about it and decided that it would be a fun project for the kids to work on. I'll even let them decide on a new color for it too. Hopefully they can start in the next few weeks, when they do I will start a thread and post their progress.

those control ar,s loonk really low

My 88 2wd 4.0L Pioneer 8)

Nice Pioneer. An I beam for the rear bumper… can’t get much stronger than that.

I wore out a few sets of the same tires, best AT tire IMHO. When I switched from the 30” BFG AT’s to their MT’s the front began to rub the fenders. Just enough of a size difference… :fs1:

Got my first MJ. Liking it a lot!! Thanks to you guy's ( lurking on your site ) --- I found the rust under the carpet.

Bought it this way and have plans to make it even better, for a wheeling toy. Not my first jeep, not my only Jeep and surely not my last Jeep.