Introduce your Comanche...

Pete M

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

new here from NJ. i just traded my DD civic this past weekend for this 91 Eliminator LWB. 4.0, 2wd, 5 speed, 106k miles.

the plans are to remove some of the stickers the PO put on, convert it to 4wd, 3" lift with 31's on ravine wheels.

this is going to be my DD so the build is going to be pretty mild.

as for my trail rig here is the other jeep

93 XJ

well here ya go My junk ... I am off work for a bit due to a fall so I had time to find out how to post a pic. now today change the date on the camera.... :roll: :clapping: to think all the pic's were taken with in a month. and today you can not see any of the jeeps for the snow that we got yesterday.

The 89

the 90

the xj and the mj's

• 3 weeks later...

here she is:

Image Not Found

I'm new around these parts, but you guys seem like a pretty good group.

i got this MJ with "no brakes" for $500. swapped the master and booster for a pair i got from a friend off a parts jeep for FREE and got her rolling again. runs great, its now my daily driver. i also have a 95 XJ lifted 6" that is my main wheeling rig.

-Mike

Well I joined a while back & finally got my picts' loaded & hosted , so here it is!

This is my 1989 MJ Sportruck . 4.0 litre w/250,000 miles on the clock . AX15 5 speed stick , shortbed . 4X4 . Freshly repainted in the original color of "Spinnaker Blue" , less the funky graphics .

"Ol' Blue" is mechanically perfect with the original interior in just like new form .

Photos were taken at Joshua Tree National Park . :cheers:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Thanks guys ! I bought this truck in 1994 with 70,000 miles on it as the original owner traded it in as soon as the drivetrain warrantee was up . I thought I was gonna have to have the seat re done . The original owner must have been a mechanic or something as the cloth seat was full of grease , coffee stains & even black magic marker . I had some commercial carpet cleaning solution laying around the garage , put it in a spray bottle , sprayed down the seat & used a shop vac to extract . After going over it about 3 times & 4 hours later , it looked brand new as everything came out . "Ol' Blue" hasn't been without its' problems as it did have its' clutch master leak that ruined the fuse block . Replacing that was a chore in that the close to 40 wires under there had to be cut & patched back in . It seems that I have gone through brakes more often than normal & at one time the little connecting rod on the rear diff that controls the brake proportioning valve wound up missing , causing the front pads to go metal to metal in no time . All that has been done to keep "Ol' Blue" alive has been well worth the effort as I wouldn't trade her for anything . image_209027.gif Dave

Hey everyone, just joined the ranks of the MJ owners a few weeks ago. I picked up a 1986 4wd long bed 2.5L 5 speed.........I'm sure there is a couple of you that will recognize it. It is actually my 3rd Jeep now, I have 2 XJ's (one built rock crawler/ pre-runner the other is mostly stock) anyway here are a few pics:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

My plans are to put in a 4.3L Chevy engine with a 700r4 trans....to start with for now.

welcome over here Dean, another SoCal'er joins the ranks! its good to see Bo's MJ is still in good hands :cheers:

BLACK BETTY!

Man do I miss that old truck! She was a good one. Hopefully Deano can bring her back to her former glory.

Here is her build thread from when I owned her,

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3430&hilit=black+betty

Enjoy it Dean!

just joined today! here is my '90 long bed comanche. its lifted 4.5 up front and 5 in back. sitting on 31s. couple other little things. 94k on it. i bought it back in early decemeber for my first car and i love it to death!!! :clapping: :clapping:

welcome over here Dean, another SoCal'er joins the ranks! its good to see Bo's MJ is still in good hands :cheers:

Hey Rino MJ & Grimm Jeeper ! Where are you guys located ? I'm in Moreno Valley

Jeeper Man, I am in Murrieta , and Grimm is in Torrance I believe. Pm me and we'll have lunch or something.

And I'm in Redlands, the other side of San Timoteo from you.

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6658#p6658

Jeeper Man, I am in Murrieta , and Grimm is in Torrance I believe. Pm me and we'll have lunch or something.

Hey , maybe we could put together a little Inland Empire hoorah ! image_209027.gif

Hey , maybe we could put together a little Inland Empire hoorah ! image_209027.gif

In!!! :banana:

Found this site as I am looking for rocker panels and a few things I need to take it to the body shop.

91 Comanche - Bought it coming in off lease in 1994 with 9,000 miles on it. Today, 25,300 original miles. Friends tease me about my "cute little plow truck" but it is sure a workhorse. Originally a Sport Truck I removed the very gaudy graphics. All stock except for a set of heavy duty springs added to the front to reduce plow bounce. Great to drive, quick and agile.

Have 5 jeeps but this one is the baby...

1991 MJ...the Big Rig...the baby

1995 YJ...It's hip to be Square!

1997 ZJ...TSI version

2001 TJ...The Wife's

2005 WK...Hemi!