How much y'all paying for insurance?

Davidsamplesmjjr

It's that big company that takes a bunch of money and then refuses to pay for damages when you get in an accident after blaming you for it all.

Yeah, like I was supposed to know that I was going to land short of the ramp on the other side of the river...

Have no idea what I'm paying on the MJ, but it's not much, but I'm old lol.  I will say that when I had GEICO, my CJ was destroyed (building collapsed in the ice storm) that I had just finished rebuilding from the frame up - frame blasted and painted, new tub, body panels, seats, top, engine rebuild, tires, wheels, etc; I mean full rebuild.  Everything redone or replaced except the trans, xfer, and axles.  I told my rep that if they were going to total it and give me $1000 or something stupid I wouldn't turn it in and drop my coverage.  They let me turn pictures of the rebuild, turn in my receipts for what I had, and compile a list of the rest of the parts from Quadratec.  They cut me a check for almost $6000 (almost 15 year ago) and keep the Jeep.  I cannot complain.

3 hours ago, derf said:

It's that big company that takes a bunch of money and then refuses to pay for damages when you get in an accident after blaming you for it all.

lol.....sad but true. 

I currently pay about $120/month for 3 vehicles, 2 of which have full coverage, other is just comprehensive. 

$114 a month with Geico

Includes:

2014 Dodge Journey - Full coverage

92 MJ - Liability

90 MJ - Liability

When I add my 95 XJ on liability it goes up about $25, it's been torn apart for like 8 months so it's not currently covered.

2 hours ago, scaleless said:

I pay about $30/month with Hagerty, who also insures my Corvette for about the same price.  My 2010 Wrangler, however, costs over $200/month!  It's a scam, I tell you!

I've noticed Wranglers tend to be more with insurance due to the nature of its marketing (y'know, offroading) and the fact you can remove doors and tops, which can also be easily stolen, or dropped and damaged, then make a claim as stolen. Same with the hood, batteries are easy to steal when you flip two paddles and take what ya want. HOWEVER, I have a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon and I'm paying half that in insurance, full coverage. I'd get that checked out.

4 hours ago, PFCLeist said:

I've noticed Wranglers tend to be more with insurance due to the nature of its marketing (y'know, offroading) and the fact you can remove doors and tops, which can also be easily stolen, or dropped and damaged, then make a claim as stolen. Same with the hood, batteries are easy to steal when you flip two paddles and take what ya want. HOWEVER, I have a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon and I'm paying half that in insurance, full coverage. I'd get that checked out.

That sounds good but I reckon is based more on the safety crash rating and the death liability. 

12 hours ago, PFCLeist said:

I have a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon and I'm paying half that in insurance, full coverage. I'd get that checked out

The problem is Louisiana has the highest insurance rates in the entire country.

I’ve got three vehicles on the policy and they work out to around $800/year each, more coverage than liability only but not full coverage by any means. This is under the Alberta private insurance cartel. Liability only on a single vehicle when I first moved here was more than I had been paying for full coverage on two vehicles combined under Manitoba’s public insurance agency where they actually look after you because that’s what they exist for, not to generate shareholder profits.

I had one speeding ticket on my record when I moved here which made for much higher insurance. Enough time had passed for it not to matter anymore when it came to my first renewal and my rates dropped about 25%... it was only a $130 ticket, but in the three years subsequent it cost me somewhere in the neighbourhood of $12-1500 in increased insurance rates. This is across multiple vehicles so the effect will be less if you only have one, but it’s still not something to sneer at. One of my roommates for a while had so many points on his license that his insurance on a $1000 Focus was $250/month. Gotta be the easiest way to save on insurance, don’t break traffic laws.

With American collectors my 74cj5 is under $100 a year but my blown pro-street 70 nova is $780 a year and this is in Michigan. I have not put insurance on the Comanche yet. I also run year to date plates and that saves $125 per car