BSA members.

eaglescout526

18 minutes ago, thehomelesdepot said:

Someone in my troop got Eagle at 13 but I am certain his dad did most of the work

Seen that happen too. It’s not a bad thing but it takes away from the experience. 

16 minutes ago, derf said:

I was in it mostly because I liked to go camping, even in the winter snow.  I went to the Jamboree in '85, which was fun.  Got to be there as a hurricane blew through.  Also, I think that was the year the guy cut off 3 toes demonstrating axe safety.  The next year we went to Philmont.  Lightning hit near us one night and blew up a huge tree.  Big chunks of wood scattered over maybe 50 feet radius.  We picked them up and had an enormous courtesy pile for the next troop.

I got out of scouting what I wanted.  I never really got interested in going up in rank.  But once I hit high school I lost interest.

The scoutmaster's kid was on a quest to earn every single merit badge available.  He was almost there by the time I left.

Absolutely wild. Three toes?! That’s unfortunate but kinda funny. At the rate BSA keeps adding merit badges, it will only take longer for those to get them all. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed till the end and then some. Made life scout. Had way too many merit badges just not all the right ones for Eagle. I think I had 55 or so of them. Went all the way up the sash and around top back down the back side. Was in OA also. Then at 18 I was asst scoutmaster for quite a few years. 
fun times. I was a cub master also for about 10 years. 

19 hours ago, Tsalagi said:

Achieved Life Scout and OA prior to my emersion into High School football and that was the end of Scouting. Wish I had stayed in for the Eagle in hindsight.

Lots of guys I’ve spoken to have said they wished they got their eagle but there’s nothin wrong with that. The journey is the best part. 

7 minutes ago, 1989commanche said:

I stayed till the end and then some. Made life scout. Had way too many merit badges just not all the right ones for Eagle. I think I had 55 or so of them. Went all the way up the sash and around top back down the back side. Was in OA also. Then at 18 I was asst scoutmaster for quite a few years. 
fun times. I was a cub master also for about 10 years. 

My biggest regret is not fillin up the sash. I had more partial merit badges than I should’ve had. But problem was was finding counselors for them and completing them. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

I just became an Eagle Scout tonight!

congrats. but understand you evolved into what attributes to being defined as an eagle scout  and were then recognized  tonight for your well deserved achievement of such a feat. Well done good sir! Be a honor to wheel with you anytime. :comanche:  

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

woo hoo!!!!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  way to go! 

Thank you, Pete!

8 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Congratulations!!

Thank you!

8 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

congrats. but understand you evolved into what attributes to being defined as an eagle scout  and were then recognized  tonight for your well deserved achievement of such a feat. Well done good sir! Be a honor to wheel with you anytime. :comanche:  

Thank you! Maybe we will have to hit some trails on the way to the All Breeds Jeep Show...

I just became an Eagle Scout tonight!

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment! I never had the opportunity to do scouting growing up since we didn’t have a good troop near us at the time. I am currently the Troopmaster for a Trail Life USA troop here in west Texas. (TLUSA came out of BSA in 2014 when the board split) It has been an amazing experience to do with my son. We are getting ready for our annual 50 mile/5 day canoe trip through Big Bend National Park. It’s one of my favorite trips we do all year. What was your freedom project?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk