BSA members.

eaglescout526

I am genuinely curious now. How many of yall were in the Boy Scouts growing up? What was the highest rank you achieved? And were you elected into the Order of the Arrow? You don't have to share all that but a "I" will do just fine as an answer as well.

As my user name says, I achieved Eagle back in 2013 and got the three palms. I was elected into the OA and reached Vigil honor as well. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

JMO I think I actually recall you and I talking about that many many moons ago. Pete, Ive learned something new! Again, awesome. 

Your are correct we did discuss it some time. Not sure when that was though.

3 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

i was abruptly pulled from the scouts  after my first year going..i was in it long enough to lose at derby racing. :dunno:

Thats a shame. Speaking of derby racing, I learned from one of the techs at work who him and his son used to be in scouts, but apparently techs from other dealers in the valley would get together for some derby races and create what would be not BSA legal derby cars and race them all day. 

JMO it had to have been at least a year or so ago. 

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

Thats a shame. Speaking of derby racing, I learned from one of the techs at work who him and his son used to be in scouts, but apparently techs from other dealers in the valley would get together for some derby races and create what would be not BSA legal derby cars and race them all day. 

JMO it had to have been at least a year or so ago. 

to my memory it was not a shame to vacant the troop i was attending. :sad2:

46 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I am not OA nor do I have the Vigil Honor, but I have been working on my Eagle Scout project. Hopefully my last workday on it will be in the next few weeks. 

Hope ya make it man!  It is a lot of work that goes into the planning process, there are lots of hoops to jump through, but it'll all be worth it.  Keep pushing on!

18 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

That I believe, sometimes you just end up in a shady troop which I presume why you were pulled. Sometimes its better to get out of dodge than to stick with it.

I will also admit, how the troop is managed will either make or break your goal.

2 minutes ago, kaidenlem said:

I made Eagle rank in November of 2018 when I was 16.  My troop was 1038 out of Troy, Illinois.  I was sent into the Order of the Arrow in June of 2016, completing my Brotherhood in Fall of 2017.

Nice! Did you partake in ceremonies team? I feel like I am the only one who attended the 100th anniversary NOAC. Awesome red sash though.

Youre right about that too. Boy led troops often thrive which is how they should be led with supporting adults. 

1 minute ago, jdog said:

lost a derby race or two but that's about as long as I was in it

I got mad at one of my derby races, I somehow got pushed back a spot and shoulda won first but ended up like 4th or 5th because the person keeping track couldn't count :doh: 

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Nice! Did you partake in ceremonies team? I feel like I am the only one who attended the 100th anniversary NOAC. Awesome red sash though.

Youre right about that too. Boy led troops often thrive which is how they should be led with supporting adults. 

I didn't partake in the ceremonies team, I had planned to attend the National Jamboree after I had earned my Eagle but just never got around to it.  That would've definitely been worth it, awesome experience.

image.jpg.6446555472d20678cf5a650aebf2e670.jpg

:L:

Next year our 5 year old Daughter becomes a Lion in Cub Scouts. Her Sister will follow suit 2 years later. 

I never followed thru with OA after the Ordeal. I fell in love with Jeeps, skiing and welding instead...

7 minutes ago, kaidenlem said:

I got mad at one of my derby races, I somehow got pushed back a spot and shoulda won first but ended up like 4th or 5th because the person keeping track couldn't count :doh: 

ours the track wasn't right one lane had a center piece higher and would slow the car down. I watched the races and made it a few rounds, still chose the wrong lane and was like 3rd but could've had first

1 minute ago, 500 MJ said:

image.jpg.6446555472d20678cf5a650aebf2e670.jpg

:L:

Next year our 5 year old Daughter becomes a Lion in Cub Scouts. Her Sister will follow suit 2 years later. 

Good luck to the both of them!  As long as they stick with it, they'll make it to the top.

4 minutes ago, kaidenlem said:

I didn't partake in the ceremonies team, I had planned to attend the National Jamboree after I had earned my Eagle but just never got around to it.  That would've definitely been worth it, awesome experience.

Probably the one thing I wish I couldve attended was the 2010 Jamboree for the 100th anniversary. Instead me and a select few older scouts planned a high adventure trip to Alaska that year.

Just now, eaglescout526 said:

Probably the one thing I wish I couldve attended was the 2010 Jamboree for the 100th anniversary. Instead me and a select few older scouts planned a high adventure trip to Alaska that year.

Nice!  I'm sure that was very cool also though.  My troop had went to Philmont the year I got my Eagle, I missed the birthday cutoff by one month and couldn't go.