BSA members.

eaglescout526

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Greentoy said:

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment! I never had the opportunity to do scouting growing up since we didn’t have a good troop near us at the time. I am currently the Troopmaster for a Trail Life USA troop here in west Texas. (TLUSA came out of BSA in 2014 when the board split) It has been an amazing experience to do with my son. We are getting ready for our annual 50 mile/5 day canoe trip through Big Bend National Park. It’s one of my favorite trips we do all year. What was your freedom project?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! My Eagle Project was building removable inserts that the fire department will be able to cut for a roof ventilation training prop. 

6 hours ago, Original 87 said:

Well done!! I was never a scout myself but had friends that were, Big accomplishment!! Congrats!!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, BeatCJ said:

Nice Job. Most people don't realize the effort that went into that.

Thank you! It was a lot of work for sure!

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

now go update your resume  :L:  

Already done :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, kaidenlem said:

Congrats man!

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Oddly, I was never a Scout, but I was a Scout leader and Scoutmaster for almost 15 years.  The local packs never stayed together when I was a kid, and my friends and our dads camped together on the lake on our farm for years. Sometimes there would be 30 or more of us camping.  Basically I didn't need Scouts.  When my son was old enough, he joined as a Wolf, and I volunteered to be the asst. Den Leader.  The other guy never came back to another meeting, and the rest is history!  My son did make Eagle and was part of OA.  I never joined OA, but had the opportunity.  I worked at camp and assisted with the COPE program.  I did Wood Badge and most every other training as well as earning the John Burrows Award (local council nature award for learning/identifying 100s of local plants, minerals, animals, etc).

If properly ran, I think kids learn more through Scouting than they do at school!  Just mho.

I didnt make eagle scout. Unfortunately my libido took over about the same age. My interest in knot tying and first aid wasnt as strong in my interest in the opposite sex.

I am so very grateful for the knowledge and principles the scouts instilled in me, however I still love the ladies. Lol

7 minutes ago, Pete M said:

you say that as if it wasn't a choice to do both. :D   plus baseball.  plus band.  plus cars.

I kinda did both for a while but one seemed alot more enjoyable at the time.  And then there were the the cars, boats, trucks, snowmobiles, 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers, lawn mowers, gokarts, the list goes on.  All this while my parents tried to not become grandparents at an early age and prevent their home from looking like a salvage yard.......