What have you put off fixing?

Dzimm

What have you guys put off fixing and what did it look like when you finally fixed it?

I put off the front end clunk in my 95 XJ for quite a while, probably over a year.  Finally got around to fixing it because I was fairly certain it was the U-joints and that can be dangerous.  Turns out I was right.

IMG_20200605_202748.jpg.873f0f11a836a88fe16b27cbf244d740.jpg

Rust sucks.  The needle bearings were either gone, crushed into a powder, or completely rusted into a solid chunk in the cap.  Also broke my only working 1/2" drive ratchet taking the axle nut off.  All the bearings and joints in the front end are being replaced now because they are either just as bad or I destroyed them getting everything apart.

2 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

I’m putting off swapping the motor. When I dropped the oils pan last year, I could wiggle the rods front to back about an eighth of an inch. 

Normal.

My 91 currently has a chrome, powered passenger side mirror and a black, manual driver side mirror. It's also missing the passenger side kick panel due to a secret project I haven't felt like working on yet.

a-yup.  those joints are toasty.  :( 

I'm just going to post a pic of the Liberty, as the to-do list is loooong and other things keep cropping up that bump it down the list.  :sad2:

20191002_131843.jpg

Life........

Honestly at this point I feel like a plumber fixing busted pipes. Which one is leaking the most gets the attention. Needless to say if I was in a ship taking on water I'd be sunk. 

But in the plus side no boring days!

i have been putting off the basic run down maintenance of the jeep. Like topping off fluids after checking it to be empty. oops. also cleaning up and fixing lights and wiring issues. nice to finally have had a few days to just work on the wiring and ensure its all neat and mud proof. Also goiing to take my time and wrap my headers and see about knocking some of that heat down in the engine bay. heat soak is a mother. 

Everything?

Van: A/C Clutch, Struts, TREs, and front brakes all need to be done.

Jeep: Way way too much $#!& to even list. Needs rear main done ASAP before I can daily it. Right now its a drywall hauler.

House: The MJ may be in better shape... 

Got the front end back together and was swapping the winter wheels/tires and noticed something else I inadvertently put off.. IMG_20200612_165902.jpg.5b0c674b78421f6b3dac47cfeb4edec8.jpg

Probably shouldn't put this one off though..  

Canoe rack mods. 0F3E7100-31BA-4AF6-BA91-D513D9D10C53.jpeg.5a4e17a5baa18deee81d486680265090.jpeg
Just getting onto this. The weight of the canoe had been slowly pushing the one arm down. The rack was off the truck with the canoe on it over the winter, and it’s now warped down far enough that when I put the rack back on the truck this week, it’s touching the cab roof. I’m replacing the 2x4 rails with a longer 2x6, hanging some off the back end of the truck because I wasn’t happy with the main rail just ending at the rear upright. 
I still like the aesthetic of the brown pressure treated, but really starting to hate working with the organic cellulosic foam... almost none of the pieces of the rack are quite the same shape they were last fall when the rack came off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Replacing the inner axles seal AGAIN on the front axle...  Last time I replaced it I broke a u-joint the next day acting stupid.  Upgraded the axles, but was too lazy to pull the chunk and fix the seal.  Its a slow leak, the mud guards keep most of the oil in, and I just check the level from time to time.  Next time I'm going to go riding I'll have to fix it...

Several things keep getting put off. The exhaust leak from the manifold... I have a new aFe manifold to put on, it needs a tune up after 12 years, inside cab lights, new carpet to install, front axle disco cable kit to install, High Lift jack setup to install..... stuff like that. I have made progress with things though. The front and rear hitches got installed, the front light bar and lights got done, though I still need to permanently mount the switch, made a new plate mount and new plate light too. Right now I'm fighting with the cooling system. Got a new all alum rad installed and a new Derale fan, but now its pulling more amps than before and it keeps burning out relays in the fan controller. I need to rig that up next, along with a new ground cable from the battery.