What Color To Paint!?!?!?!

I'm in a rough spot trying to figure out what color to paint my MJ.  It's an 88 short bed in good shape with zero rust (southern CA farm truck).  Unfortunately, I can't make up my mind on what to paint it.  It currently has a faded/oxidized patina and "natural sandblasting" from sitting outside all it's life in a dusty place.  I'm debating between the following colors:

1. Bright Silver Metallic (like ~2001 XJ)
  2. Rescue Green (although my wife may kill me)
  3. Chili Pepper Red

The truck will have full JCR bumpers and sliders, and likely either 17" black steel wheels or 17" Rubicon grey/dark grey take-off's.  6" SOA lift with 33's.  Will also be doing the 97+ Header, Doors, and Fenders.  I have two sets of flares, so I can figure out whether body color or black would be better.  All bumpers/sliders/tool box/trim will be black.

2019-03-18_08_44_22.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Check out Dark Forest Green. Run that by the wife.

Thanks.  That's a bit too dark for me.  Living in CA, I've learned that darker colors have a few drawbacks.  Would like to stay on the somewhat lighter side if I could.

Chili pepper red will definitely stand out , but if you're a subtle guy I'd go with the silver . 

I guess you're taking the truck apart ? If not , staying with around the same color as the truck is would be my vote . Looks strange when you open the door/hood etc and see the old color showing (just my opinion) 

If you're going with a '97 up front, you'll have to paint it all anyway so my vote would be chilli pepper. If you stay with the old school front end I would say stay with the same factory color.

What are you planning on for striping?

8 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Where in the SF Bay Area are you?

Of those three colors my vote is the Rescue Green, unique.

I’m in Fremont. 

The truck is pictured with 30” TJ Ravine wheels and 2” pucks up front.  Will be sitting at around 6” lift with SOA when finished with 33” tires.

On 1/4/2020 at 5:32 PM, High2by said:

If you're going with a '97 up front, you'll have to paint it all anyway so my vote would be chilli pepper. If you stay with the old school front end I would say stay with the same factory color.

What are you planning on for striping?

Not planning on keeping the old front-end and the original color is dark blue.  Unfortunately, won't ever go with black or dark blue due to the difficulties with keeping it clean and the heat build up from the sun.

On 1/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, Crash said:

I say go "battle ship grey" or something similar like the newer jk's have.

Yeah, I like that color too.  Definitely thought about that a bit.

Talk to the wife and listen to her!  Be smart! Much better that she is deeply involved in the project when you're spending household $$. Even when I thought it was my own $$, she didn't always agree with me.  A good paint job is a bunch of money.  Best to have wife buy in!!!

My last paint job was $3k + and I picked the same color she got on her new car. No muss, no fuss.  We had a household account and our own personal accounts to do whatever we want to do.  But I still think it's smarter to let her pick the color.

5 hours ago, Limeyjeeper said:

They are made by Quik-latch. They are way too expensive for the quality of the product. But I needed lockable. There are some cheaper knock offs on Amazon

What about the hood? It has the hood vents like the Newer JKs. Look good.