just put down the hammer and back away slowly...

Pete M

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Money_Pits said:

Speaking of trikes, I'm in the process of designing an electric trike truck (think an electric Mazda Go/T2000) that I'll start building later this year, and if all goes according to plan, I expect to see it appear in this thread once I'm done :D

Start a thread for it in the other cool stuff sub forum!

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Money_Pits said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/781044228970486/

I can't get it to show a preview, and there is no welding here, but I feel it qualifies. Though it does look well done.

A Levi's CJ-5 with a 304 V8 and less than 40k on it............IMO he'd get more than the $7k asking price if he took that CABin off the damn thing!

I totally agree Wahoo. I like doing woodworking projects and appreciate good projects but that is an abomination. For the most part wood and vehicles don't mix, this is the perfect example of how not to mix the two. I also wonder how much weight he added compared to even a stock hard top, let alone a soft top. 

Buck

On 5/12/2020 at 9:12 AM, gogmorgo said:

Where did they use the welder?

Pete has another thread going somewhere that I thought this would be a better fit in, but I'm on my work computer and couldn't find it without firefox/internet explorer crashing on me, so I tossed it here. It fits in the WTF theme at least.

Found another one scrolling through FB just now. 642DF1B8-615D-4474-BD81-0D53AC0292C6.jpeg.43ef1dc69fe311e7abc712a4d5659a88.jpeg
Gotta admit, someone with skill went to pretty great effort to do something that probably cost more and took more time to complete than a junkyard bumper skin would’ve been to install. 

5 hours ago, Money_Pits said:

Pete has another thread going somewhere that I thought this would be a better fit in, but I'm on my work computer and couldn't find it without firefox/internet explorer crashing on me, so I tossed it here. It fits in the WTF theme at least.

I altered the title to a more generic tool :D 

also:

071fc11ab8d5598eeae6c13c9e3e84eb.jpg