just put down the hammer and back away slowly...

Pete M

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can totally understand the motivation to make an air conditioned cab for a lawn tractor.

I lived on the east coast of Florida for a few years when I was a kid.  I remember how miserable it was in the summer.  We would spend most of the day inside at friends' houses.  Winter was a lot milder and easier to live with.  Living in the upper midwest I got to still deal with quite a bit of humidity.  Not as bad as FL though.

But after living in Colorado for a while, I doubt I could ever go back to heat and high humidity to live again.  It doesn't get really hot here at elevation and the humidity is pretty low.  The dew point is 45 degrees today.  If I ever become a "snow bird", I'd spend my winters in Arizona but I'd leave before it started to get too hot.

24 minutes ago, Sir Sam said:

I too love dry weather, and humidity kicks my @$$. Personally I don’t like to live where it is oppressive in the summer. 

flip side to that argument is cold in winter, so it’s a double edged sword. 

I grew up in Iowa and spent a couple winters in Minnesota.  I also visited the grandparents in North Dakota over Christmas break way too many times.

The front range in Colorado has very mild winters by comparison.  It's the best of all weather here.  4 real seasons so the weather does change. But it never gets really hot in the summer or super cold in the winter.  The lack of humidity makes it perfect here.

8 hours ago, Kickin’Chicken said:

5D4FA19D-CCD6-4227-AA8B-392F5A481867.jpeg.c17bda13cbe45a249113cb005b1dd00d.jpeg

After all these posts in this thread featuring things with truck beds that shouldn't have truck beds, I'm beginning to think there is a shockingly large untapped market for just truck beds that can be mounted on random things.

7 hours ago, Money_Pits said:

After all these posts in this thread featuring things with truck beds that shouldn't have truck beds, I'm beginning to think there is a shockingly large untapped market for just truck beds that can be mounted on random things.

Yeah.  Next thing you know, Jeep will put a truck bed on a 4 door Wrangler.

2020 Jeep® Gladiator - Official Gallery

1 minute ago, WahooSteeler said:

I had to do a best 2 out of 3 coin flip to decide whether to put this here or on the "method of cargo transport" thread!! Buick Riviera flatbed hauler! OHH my!

Image may contain: car and outdoor

no picture