MJOTM - May, 2015 - revmaynard's '88 Sportruck

It's May!... and then some! We're a little late but better late than never, eh? Had some issues getting some pictures figured out but I'll guarantee everyone that it's worth the wait. This month is another one of those members who puts together a truck that just stands out. Everything on it seems so right! Everything looks well thought out, in its place, and pretty damn cool while getting the job done. Was it planned? Was it just the way it worked out? Or was it something that came in a vision from a higher power?... almost... spiritual? This month goes to...

shoguns-clan.regular.png

fKxtgVA.jpg

YEAR/MODEL 

1988 Comanche Sportruck

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE

Homemade cone style intake and flowmaster muffler

DRIVETRAIN

4.0L with 99k miles, currently the stock BA10-5 awaiting a rebuilt AX15 swap with newer np231 with SYE and CV shaft. I've also got all of the pieces for a gear swap and ARBs front and rear, and 30 spline chromoly front shafts and chromoly rears. I plan on mounting the air compressor inside of my tool box and making a small hole between the cab and bed for the lines to run from. 

COOLING

New factory cooling system parts with an open radiator conversion.

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION

OE ignition with new plugs, wires, coil, cap, rotor, ignition control module, and CPS

SUSPENSION/STEERING

RR 1ton steering upgrade, 5.5" Rubicon Express coils, factory springs with Ruff Stuff perches and shock mounts for SOA swap, ORV shocks, RR adjustable track bar, RR sway bar disconnects, RK long arm front. (currently with custom cross member for BA10-5 use)

INTERIOR

All stock bench seat, Hurst pool ball shifter (white), Rubbermaid cupholder mod, factory vinyl flooring, aftermarket headunit with USB and AUX ports, 5.25" JVC door speakers and Pioneer 6.5" rear speakers. (need rear brackets!) Also a homemade velcro in headliner since my truck didn't come with one.

BRAKES

Cross drilled and slotted rotors for the front, factory pads and calipers, rear disc swap from the 8.8 with OE pads, rotors, calipers.

LIGHTING

Trucklite LED headlights, two 3" cube LEDS on stinger bumper.

EXTERIOR

Customer front steel bumper with stinger and JCR rear DIY rear bumper with 2" receiver. Factory faded paint, repainted grille and bezels, aluminum rear tool box. 

WHEELS/TIRES

33x12.50x15 Mud Dawgs with American Racing AR62 rims. 

buWzftw.jpg

qR7dbvh.jpg

OgszGXv.jpg

5Lem32V.jpg

iFiF4Li.jpg

vu6Az15.jpg

FULL BUILD THREAD HERE

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story

I think the funniest story I have so far would have to be when doing my SOA swap and long arms. I had one day on two different weekends so we focused on the SOA swap the first weekend. So at the end of the night I drove home with the rear up about 5.5"-6" in the air on 215/70s and the front at stock height. My rearview mirror was pointless and I got some CRAZY looks when driving it home. Aside from that it would be the whole journey with this thing from pick up until now. This truck had sat for a 11 years and only had 94K miles on it bone stock when I picked it up!

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So?

I love the wealth of knowledge about these trucks and getting inspired to do things to my truck from watching other people build theirs!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

This Comanche has it... period! You did an amazing job with function, form, and a bunch more form, Rev! From the dirty little scrappy truck that it was to the beast that it is today, this truck has definitely been touched by something divine. Definitely worth at least a few more spiritual puns, anyhow! Please feel free to list more... :D Congratulations, Rev!

-Ben

This post has been promoted to an article

Minuit got it! ;) I had my coworker screw that back in when I was doing the side bezels before the pictures and after taking them I was at the gas station filling up and went 'DAMN IT!' haha

Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

First off very nice rig. Well done thus far. Second explain name? was my nickname growing up...... Are you a real Maynard?

Thanks! I am a real Maynard fan. ;) I'm a huge fan of TOOL (have been for yearrrrssss) and RevMaynard64 has been the handle I've used online for things for over 10 years. haha

So, are the TruckLite headlamps worth the price of entry?

I would honestly say yes if you value improved vision at night. It's definitely cheaper to buy a few aux lights to mount to a bumper or whatnot but those are typically illegal to drive with on when on city roads and such.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need to check in here more often.....that's a beautiful truck!

Thanks man!

Very nice truck. Clean machine.

I appreciate it!

Beautiful paint job. That thing sits real nice! 

Thanks! I'm not sure if that's a knock at the paint or not! haha

• 4 months later...