When was the last time you drove a Wrangler or CJ?

Blue88Comanche

In July, this year. Dealer had a shiny new red Wrangler on display. I had nothing better to do so took it for a "Test run". On our return, the first thing the salesman had to do was go change his shorts. Second was run it thru a car wash. I didn't buy it.

I had one of the Power Wheel CJ's when I was little. Lots of good memories, some of them painful. That 'toy/vehicle' gave me stitches one morning before church. Oh the days :cheers:

My TJ Wrangler is my daily driver when I am not commuting with the company Ranger. Had to put the top on it last weekend, highs in the 30's did me in. Here it is a couple of weeks ago touring around a lake:

She purrs down the highway at 75mph with no problem. The last big drive I did was to Taylor Park, CO, about 10 hours from here in August.

Last week sometime. My wife has an '09 JK Rubicon 2 door. We live on a very crappy country road. That thing is not the best highway cruiser (although it can stop on a dime) but when you take it off road, across a field, or down our rough dirt road, I am amazed at how sure footed it feels.

I DD an '01 TJ, and have been for the last 4 years almost to the day...

currently looking for a cheap XJ to take on DD status and either sell the TJ or keep it for a "funtime" vehicle. The wife isn't too keen on having 3 jeeps in the driveway, though.

Jeff

Last night, raining on a muddy road going a little too fast. Hit the ditch and had a slow speed flop over on the driver's side. Busted bell housing, radiator, battery, clutch linkage, busted front left spring bracket, probably more. Luckily I only got a scrap on the left eye and a badly bruised ego. First accident in 21 years. Not sure when the spring hanger broke, before or after.

6457428307_b6e520d30d_z.jpg

Last night, raining on a muddy road going a little too fast. Hit the ditch and had a slow speed flop over on the driver's side. Busted bell housing, radiator, battery, clutch linkage, busted front left spring bracket, probably more. Luckily I only got a scrap on the left eye and a badly bruised ego. First accident in 21 years. Not sure when the spring hanger broke, before or after.

6457428307_b6e520d30d_z.jpg

ouch, good to hear you werent hurt bad.