When was the last time you drove a Wrangler or CJ?

Blue88Comanche

Yes no appendages or torso damage because I used my face to cushion the impact. I like my MJ a lot better, it's bigger, heavier, wider, more stable and the hydro clutch and AX15 make it easy. It drives and shifts like a Rolls Royce compared to any CJ I've driven. Long gear throws and the road manners of a 1946 one ton truck. They're fun and cool, but for me, I get irritated driving them on the road. Loud, slow, leaky tops, awful handling, I still like em though.

...any CJ I've driven. Long gear throws and the road manners of a 1946 one ton truck. They're fun and cool, but for me, I get irritated driving them on the road. Loud, slow, leaky tops, awful handling, I still like em though.

For sure. CJ's are definitely an "Enthusiast" vehicle. If you don't enjoy the spirit of driving the thing the first time out, you never will.

Rob

Yes no appendages or torso damage because I used my face to cushion the impact. I like my MJ a lot better, it's bigger, heavier, wider, more stable and the hydro clutch and AX15 make it easy. It drives and shifts like a Rolls Royce compared to any CJ I've driven. Long gear throws and the road manners of a 1946 one ton truck. They're fun and cool, but for me, I get irritated driving them on the road. Loud, slow, leaky tops, awful handling, I still like em though.

Had an XJ with an AX15 and the clutch was a switch. Maybe 1/32" traver between fully engaged and fully disengaged. Clutch on my AX5 is great, though. About the only great thing on that drive train,