Pictures of Comanches with Toppers.

If anyone has a topper installed please post pics so we all can see how they fit.

I have heard Ranger or S-10 toppers fit, but just how good or bad.

With pictures it would be easier to look at the fit before searching HIGH AND LOW for them.

ps: If anyone has a spare one laying around the Michigan area let me know so I can take it off your hands.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S10, I suspect. Fits great, except a little shorter than the cab. It came on the 4x4 I had. Very handy, but I want a fiberglass one like Fiatslug's. Everytime one comes up for sale it's 500 miles away.

I just want to shake my head...My old boss at work had not one but two Comanches. An 87 he got new with a roll bar that he had a cap put on... and later a 92 with a hi-top Brahma top on it. Both were supposedly MJ specific. Both trucks ended up getting crushed when he moved and had all of his collected crap scrapped rather than deal with selling it.

I'm pretty sure this was for an MJ to begin with, its pretty nice, fiberglass, I'll take a look at the manufacturer later on, i forget.

was on it when i bought it.

Thats exactly want I want for my MJ, too bad I cannot find one locally(and I'm not in a position to travel right now).

There was a guy on here a while back Patric Henry I think had a fiberglass long bed topper he could not sell it maybe still has it. I have a aluminum contractors cap fits great long bed a guy on ebay bought it paid but never picked it up hes in the military so I hope hes ok. I am going to hold onto it for a while for him.

My fiberglass canopy is very very similar in design to Pete's. I have no markings on it other than 'USA Sport'

Came off a salvage-yarded 88 Comanche. Screens on sliding side windows, working lift shocks, and mostly watertight in rain. Rear window is plexi with lovely hazing and scratches. Dome light at rear within easy reach.

Edit July 22, 2015: updated image.

here is what i had on mine, as far as i know its comanche specific to

Perfect , looks like a custom .

They probably don't have one for a short bed .... :drool:

Looks good man , does the back corner hang off a little or is that just me .

Hey it's Spud's McKenzie

j/k

Here's mine on the 86. It's like 86FUBAR's and it was Comanche specific. In fact it was an option that the dealers could put on. Not sure if they offered it in later years for the SWB.

:cheers:

Brahma off a Mazda that I bought for $50. Works great on th MJ although it is about a inch short in length, but causes no problems. Sprayed a little paint on it to match the MJ but never got around to clear coating it so the colors would match up. Lazy.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

bought mine for $50, made by american pecco..... guy who i bought it from had it on a 'yota, and said it was originally from a ranger... doesn't exactly fit right cause of the angle of the back wall, it rubs the body just over the top of the rear window, and doesn't seal against the back bed rail... don't really care tho, i use it about twice a year, to carry that there canoe from rhode island to maine and back...

here is what i had on mine, as far as i know its comanche specific to

Perfect , looks like a custom .

They probably don't have one for a short bed .... :drool:

Looks good man , does the back corner hang off a little or is that just me .

thanks , no it sits flush all the way around

I only have one very bad pic of mine with the top on, and I was kinda hesitant to post it, because it really doesn't show much:

P1015675.JPG

Anyway - it came off an 80's era S10 LWB (not sure if that's what it was originally intended for, however). Cab angle was a near match, but it was taller because of the panel doors so sat about 1.5"-2" above the roofline. And because of the full-length doors it was shorter than normal. So I had about a 3" gap behind the cab, and the tailgate was about 1.5" wider on each side of the doors.

Here's mine on the 86. It's like 86FUBAR's and it was Comanche specific. In fact it was an option that the dealers could put on. Not sure if they offered it in later years for the SWB.

Dealer option? That's pretty cool. Looks exactly like mine, came with my '91 LWB. I'm pretty sure it's a Leer brand. Fit is perfect.

Also saw this on a '92 LWB.