Pictures of Comanches with Toppers.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/22/2018 at 1:16 PM, Jess said:

Here's mine. The tag has been scratched pretty bad so I'm not sure who made it, looks like Creation? Not sure if that's a brand or model. I can ask the PO as he's a family friend and the original owner. 

IMG_20180922_125429.jpg

IMG_20180922_125449.jpg

Same tag in mine. Creation Windows made windows for lots of RVs, busses, and camper shells. The shell itself was likely manufactured by someone else.

Got any details on that light bar? Bought or made?

On 9/29/2018 at 5:30 PM, DesertRat1991 said:

Same tag in mine. Creation Windows made windows for lots of RVs, busses, and camper shells. The shell itself was likely manufactured by someone else.

Got any details on that light bar? Bought or made?

The bar itself was just part of the support structure for the shell but I used it to neatly hide wires. I ran a wire through it from the right side where I had a previous grounding post/power lead and used two of these LED bars from Amazon (the second light is just off the frame on the right) with a dimmer switch.

Not the best light or angle for a good pic of the topper. At first I really didn’t like this topper, real cheap, the “fish-eye lens” side windows look bad and the rear window pistons are shot. But heck, 7 foot caps that fit a manch are hard to find and this one is super light, one person can move it if need be. Held on by four bolts on the corners. I prefer my mj without the cap but this one does the trick when you’re roadtrippin!

192B4492-908F-4819-812C-D534BC935E95.jpeg

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, shelbyluvv said:

Reach out to 86FUBAR, he had his ups for grabs a couple years ago. He may still have it. He is in central California though.

Darn, there’s so many toppers on the west coast can’t find any over here in the mid west. Maybe I’ll be stationed in San Diego eventually. 

9 hours ago, JeepMJm said:

Darn, there’s so many toppers on the west coast can’t find any over here in the mid west. Maybe I’ll be stationed in San Diego eventually. 

Krustyballer16 has my old truck and it had a SnugTop on it. He was looking to sell it. I don't know if he has yet.

20 hours ago, shelbyluvv said:

Krustyballer16 has my old truck and it had a SnugTop on it. He was looking to sell it. I don't know if he has yet.

What’s the best way to try and message him? I tried searching his name and it only popped up with post he’s been tagged in. (Sorry for the ultra noob question) 

ps I appreciate your guys reply’s. I’m currently living in Illinois but could be moving to VA beach area soon. Thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 2:50 PM, krustyballer16 said:

I think I will be keeping my topper. I like the looks of it. ebad4fb567afb4ef417077752d58a51b.jpg6cf1e39e5e3b587add41006e7e2cf317.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Damn that’s a perfectly flush with the roof one too. Have any idea what brand? Looks bad @$$ man. 🤘🏻

While I like the Cap, I would Like to Know, Did Glasstite make a High Rise Cap for Comanche Longbeds??

I would like to get my hands on a Glasstite Cap, like what is in the 2nd pic. (Minus the attached Brackets)

Yes, I have other plans, in the parts gathering stages, for my MJ. 

Taken November 2015

My Comanche.jpg

Truck-Cap1b.jpg