At what age were you hooked?

mfpdm

This kind of goes in line with the youngest CC member thread but I didn't want to hi-jack his thread.

Reading that one made me wonder at what age did you buy your first Jeep. Doesn't matter what type as long as it was a Jeep.

I wanted one since I was a kid by finally got my TJ at age 37.

My son bought his first MJ at age 15 and his second one at age 16.

:cheers:

I got into AMC's first, then Jeeps.

Got my first AMC (74 Javelin/AMX) in 1987 (@18 yo) for $100.

Got my first Jeep (73 J4000 factory 360/4bbl/T-18 SF D60 rear) 3 years later.

Next it went: XJ,XJ,MJ,MJ,YJ,MJ,ZJ,XJ,MJ. :D

had my first jeep at 11...70's j2000 with a wood stake bed. used it for driving from the house to the end of the driveway in the winter to get on the bus.

my first personal jeep was the 3800...got it in 2004 and spent a winter rebuilding it. since then it's been through a few more stages of rebuild, with a few left yet too.

there have been around 20 more jeeps since then haha.

I got my first XJ when I was 16, second XJ when I was 17, J10 when I was 18, first MJ when I was 19, second MJ when I was 20.

I was hooked long before then though, when I was 7 or 8 my Dad got our first XJ, and since then we've been driving Jeeps pretty much exclusively.(See sig)

I wanted an MJ for my first one though... saw a beut in MA on eBay I wanted.. 92/4.0/swb/5 speed/4x4, didn't see any rust, but me being 15 and jobless my parents said no. :nuts:

So I painted this of it..

l_3c31d1adb14182086cfe0ef545914e84.jpg

I bought my first Jeep when I was 17 it was a 90 XJ Laredo, then at 19 bought a 78 CJ7. I've had a a 89 XJ and a another 90 when I was 21 now I have a 96 XJ and my 89 Eliminator.

My first XJ

My CJ

My MJ

My 96 before I bought it

I never understood the Jeep thing until I bought my Comanche soon after my 37th birthday. Then a year later I traded my flawless body Suburban with somewhat major mechanical problems for a rust but mechanically sound Cherokee. On paper I lost my @$$ on the deal, but in reality I needed to spend about $1000 under the hood of the Suburban, and so far I spent $6 on the Cherokee for a pulley bearing.

Wanted a Jeep since I could speak. Thought TJ's were King Tits till I started my paper route and oddly enough, the FIRST MJ I ever saw was the same one I bought on July 23rd of 2006 - not on that timeline though ahaha. It had been atleast 10 years since I first saw the '89 SporTruck and then the purchase of it.

Onto Jeep 3# now. 2nd MJ

• 1 month later...

ive been hooked on jeeps my whole life so it shows

got the 90 mj at 15 a 87 xj at 18 and had it untill thanksgiving due to a deer then got a 98 zj at 20 to replace the 87 xj and still have my 90 mj and 98 zj

my brother had one when i was younger had to have one after he sold his 91 eliminator

i always thought the comanches were cool, this kid russ i went to high school with had a red one, a pioneer i think, and he lived near me so i caught rides home with him every once in a while... i bought my mj last spring, when gas was at 4.00 a gallon and climbing.. i was looking for something good on gas... i know what youre thinking, "who the hell buys a jeep for the gas mileage?" yeah I'm that guy lol, but at the time i had a 91 bronco and an 01 crown vic, and i had $1k saved up to buy something good on gas... saw the mj on craigslist, it was a 2wd with a 2.5 and a 4spd.. and that is where the addiction started.....

Like a lot of you guys, I too got hooked back in high school when I began my love affair with cars and trucks. Went thru my go fast Mustang, Chevelle, Impala phase and graduated to trucks right after high school. I got hooked on Jeeps driving a old Willis plow truck at the garage I was working at right after high school. I looked hard at a new Comanche 4x4 in 1986, but ended up with a new, left over 1985 4x4 Ranger. Great truck, sold it more then ten years later with 175K and running strong. Spent a couple years with F250's and a Chevy C20 all 4x4's. Now and for the past 15 or so years all I have owned are jeeps!! I currently own 5 and but since my Pop moved in with us, there are now six jeeps calling my garage/driveway/yard home. :shake: :rotf: :D

Its a disease, there is no known cure and I LOVE IT!!!

CW

Looked at XJ's when first came out, but bought first one, a new 2wd, in 1994, so I was 46. Still have it w/258000 miles. First Jeep and best ride I have ever owned. But, time to get something with less miles as our main car. Found my MJ in 2001, so I was 53, and intend on keeping it until they take my keys away because I am a danger to others. Hope that is not until I am in my 90's! :yes:

I got my MJ whan I was 15...... When I was like 5 or 6 I saw my first one on a road trip........ It was a blue swb if my memory is correct...............ever since then I needed one... So when I got my learners licence At 15 yoa I was looking threw the auto trader and there she was....... Super shiny red comanche lwb 4.0 5spd with a topper ........ I showed my mom ............I was all like "MOM PLEASE BUY THIS FOR MY OR I'm GOING TO DIE!!!!!!" So long story short I talked my parents into forking over $3,000 For her and the fun began!!!! I know $3,000 sounds like a lot, but when i got it she had 84,000 mi on it not a spot of rust and was just perfect !!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

Now she is up to 130,000 almost,,,,,,,,,,I love that truck.......... Its like crack. once you drive it you need more and more and more..... jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

Well there you go :yes: :chillin:

:banana: image_209027.gif

My MJ was a trade in at my families former Dealership for a mear $400. I was 15 and wanted a Jeep Truck for awhile. So my parents agreed if i sanded it down for paint and helped fix it up at the Dealership (it was in rough shape) then they would make sure its road worthy and that was my 1st vehicle. I still DD it today and this past February i purchased my 2nd Jeep, my 96 XJ Country. I'm sure there will be more to come someday jamminz.gif