what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Finally broke down and took the MJ to the fancy alignment shop to see how out of wack things really were. Happy to hear everything was pretty close. Did find that my trac bar end was starting to get alittle slop. On a side note he told me he had the the toe set straight ahead, I remember hearing something about DW if you didnt have your toe set in alittle on these lifted rigs? I have had DW before on a vehicle and the idea scares the hell out of me. Am I alright having the wheels set dead straight ahead?

Put on a new exhaust system... now, you can actually hear the fan spinning when the engine is running. :eek: Too quiet. This is with no cat, 2 1/4" pipe and a Thrush "Raptor" turbo style muffler and the pipe dumping in front of the axle.. :hmm:

Replaced my broken stuck-up power antenna with a new Crown aftermarket one from Team Cherokee. Bench tested it first, worked fine, got it installed, it hangs up coming up. :fs1: Got it fully extended then massaged it w. 0000 steel wool, seems to work okay up and down now. But for how long?? Should have looked for an OEM used one at the yard........

built a new rear bumper, 6x6 square tubing @ 1/4 thick, should hold up to a tree or 2. what else... new spark plugs, changed the oil and filter, changed the transmission fluid, air filter, tightned the valver covers and worked on the passanger door. the bloody thing will not open! i can't figure it out!

Everything went back stock (will be building a new motor to replace the 2.5 in the future), nothing exciting, had a lot to replace due to mileage (253,000). Number 2 Exhaust lobe was wiped and caused a few problems ;) .

I thought about firing them up and moving them to the other side of the parking lot. :dunno: Maybe tomorrow I'll actually get around to doing it (if it doesn't rain too much). I've gotta swap the new axle into the trailer too so we'll see how long that takes.

Replaced both headlights. One was burned out, the other was junk (OK, they were both junk). Autozone had the Sylvania XV series for $9! Cheaper than the regular halogens, so I just did them both. Also got a flex hose for my grease gun to make it easier to grease stuff without jacking the truck up and removing wheels, so I had to play with it and greased the front end. It's super easy now. Glad I went with the longer 18" hose; best four bucks I ever spent (that's what she said).

Then... dropped the truck off at the inspection place where it will attempt to pass safety inspection again tomorrow while I'm at work. Given everything I've done to it, and the fact that the FOUR BALL JOINTS WERE NOT BAD IN THE FIRST PLACE, it had better pass. :fs1:

wished it had not been hit :(

and did one last "big" burnout with the bald street tires :banana:

with less weight from having the bed off the 4.0 spun the tires through 1st gear and 2nd the up in to third and held it there at speedo said i was going 72mph but i was not going any where? :dunno: there was a lot of smoke coming from the back of the truck near the tires though

do i need to have that looked at? :rotf: