what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

what year comanche do you have?

Its a 92.

k just checkin...you got a rare one.

I just got through going over this swap with some idiot on naxja who wanted to put H.O. full gauges in with a renix system...he didn't comprehend (still doesn't) that you can't make an electric speedo work with a cable driven system, without converting the system...then he couldn't understand how to convert the system...and then he couldn't understand why his fuel gauge would read backwards unless he swapped to an H.O. sending unit :doh:

I'm glad you've got the brains lol

what year comanche do you have?

Its a 92.

k just checkin...you got a rare one.

I just got through going over this swap with some idiot on naxja who wanted to put H.O. full gauges in with a renix system...

I'm glad you've got the brains lol

lol. It sure was a challenge to get the gear indicator to fit behind the tach since the white case I was using didn't have any brackets for it. I wound up making an aluminum bracket to mount in the case and mount the indicator to, and mounting the tach on top of it. I had to bend the corner of the tach up slightly to get it to slide right, but you can't tell i did that. There was lots of trial and error......mostly error but it works.

Started changeing the nose over to the late model XJ, plus stole the new tires off the XJ to get a couple of pix, and see if I like the look on the MJ. Oh, yeah. fixed the d/s rear brake so that it works, instead of just being an empty drum.

Pulled it into the shop at work after work, changed oil, checked all fluids, checked and retorqued lug nuts, checked all other nuts, checked and adjusted tire pressure, greased all fittings and adjusted rear brakes. I then loaded up my tools and my Cragar Soft 8s UPS dropped off earlier to drive it home, where I removed the cap with help from a neighbour.

Ready to go offroad at JeepSkool this weekend.

Removed cap (yesterday)

Today removed tail gate, emptied christmas tree (to community compost pile) and recyclables (to boy scouts recycling bin) out of the bed, cargo strapped spare tire, tool box, jack and storage tote in front of bed and started packing her for a weekend off road.

Finished swapping the nose over. jamminz.gif And started building a new winch mount/brushguard style bumper. :clapping: Oh, and finally fixed the passenger side door so that you DON"T have to slam it to get it to close. :chillin:

started building the rear bumper

angle shot from right before starting on the corners

close-up before starting on the corners.

steel stock for bumper corners, rock rail mounts, and spare tire mount. there's also two more 8' sticks of 2x6x3/16 for the rock rails

tool of the day...millar 110/220v plasma cutter

rear view. camera sucked but you can sort of see how I'm boxing it in

side view...the extra part sticking out is part of the clevis mount.

that's as far as I got before I went with some friends to see Watchmen...awesome movie btw.

finish the main bumper tomorrow, hopefully rock rails and tire mount too.

Pulled the dash on the 87, to swap in the HVAC housing. Found out that the HVAC housing has its own main harness connector, which connected to the dash harness in the 87 that already has all of those other wires in it! So hoping that the next step of adding the compressor and lines, I will also be able to find the wires apready there.... wish me luck!

Made it lift a rear tire about to flip when I tried to go past full articulation in a rock garden. Spotter yelled "whatever you do, DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR TRUCK!".

Also got the wheels covered and filled with mud, which then washed back off driving through the water, as we had some thunderstorms come through dumping a bunch of rain.

Got it stuck in the mud, needing winched. Unlike Badlands where I was spinning 2 wheels bulldozing with the front axle, this time I was spinning 3 wheels bulldozing with the front axle. Still need bigger tires. Actually, I have some sitting in my basement.

I also showed up a bunch of Wranglers on 33s and 35s by climbing stuff they couldn't. Love the Aussie!