what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Might the 3800 having gone through 5 transmission be a problem with your right foot, and not the torque of the engine? :D

haha. the 3800 had an ax5. it couldnt handle my right foot.

this one has a 170k mile transmission, that I got from a guy for free, who wheeled the piss out of it. when I got it, I had to swap the valve body from the old 2wd trans that was in the truck just to make it work...it was only a matter of time.

but yes, my right foot doesn't help.

Cussed it out, kicked it hard enough to hurt my foot after busting one tool and having to buy a $100 one I didn't have yet, and spent 11 hours installing an Aussie in the front. Actually, the install was 2 hours, most of the other 9 was to get the passenger side hub off. Gotta do it again tomorrow as it's bad (lotsa play in the bearing).

this was on sunday but i'm up late...

drove it to a friend's house where i fixed his one car in the driveway since it wouldn't shift out of park (safety interlock solenoid failed, mid-90's bonneville). since his bonneville was a large paperweight yesterday morning, he had tried to drive his kia sportage around his house in the snow we got saturday, which failed due to finding a large hole, and the vacuum system failing on the auto hubs, leaving him no 4wd (a problem so common that kia makes an upgraded hub/knuckle/axle shaft kit for it). so i got to test out my recently converted 4wd comanche and pull him out (including by-passed vacuum disconnect, man i'm glad i did that). drove home.

Not sure if this counts or not, but I just talked to the Club guy that did the Re-Gear on my MJ (3.07 -> 4.10) and he said that I'm going to have a hard time scrubbing the smile off my face the first time I drive it...Said it was "quite" spunky...

I won't be able to go get it until tomorrow night (got Mr.Mom duty tonight)...

Wade

I walked down the stairs and out to the garage to look at it.... :roll:

I just got out of the hospital from a lower back fusion and can't work on it or even drive for 3-4 months... But i do get to wear a brace from he11. :shake:

So now there is 11 more degenerated discs, my fresh lower back 3 level fusion and a 5 year old 4 level neck fusion.

Even worse, all the nurses were ugly... I had only one nice one but she put me out cold after about 2 minutes.

I also found out I have the lungs of a 70 year old man.... I'm 42...

Life just sucks sometimes. :wall:

There are 2 places I can sit in the house, the kitchen table or the computer chair. I don't even feel like posting. or even surfing.

I guess its time for more oxycodin and about 4 other pills so I don't care anymore.

Rant off...

New rear main seal, oil pain gasket, and valve cover gasket.....I also sprung for the HO SAE style oil filter adapter and dumped the metric threads and Frams forever!!!! Oil pressure is now up to 50 psi on a cold start up, runs at 40-45 on the highway and idles at 20 when warm. I said oil 'pain' gasket, cause it was frickin leaking again..... :mad: I retorqued the pan, we'll see if it works.

I found these informative sites here of course --- See: http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/te ... version.ht

Life just sucks sometimes. :wall:

Rant off...

As my one teacher always says, "Life sucks, then you die." Very depressing quote IMO, but if you think about it, it really is true! :D

My signiture tells the truth,

Here is another signiture I use sometimes.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

–Mahatma Gandhi

tim, how's your recovery going?

and just because you can't work on it, doesn't mean that I can't come and do the work while you guide me to what you want done! jamminz.gif

I'm busy this weekend but more than willing to spend a weekend on it the following.