what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

I got brakes again! Even with 33s I can lock up all 4 on pavement.

what!? only my front 2 will lock up

You still have the adjusting mechanism for the rear brakes hooked up? make a little longer rod to run from the pumpkin to the lever.

I got brakes again! Even with 33s I can lock up all 4 on pavement.

what!? only my front 2 will lock up

You still have the adjusting mechanism for the rear brakes hooked up? make a little longer rod to run from the pumpkin to the lever.

nope is not hooked up. its on my list for the spring. PM if u no any secrets :brows: thanks

Put the underbed wiring harness and tail light harness back on the truck. Bent the underbed brakeline that follows the frame. Temporarily installed the M.C. and prop. valve. Put the cab rear wiring harness back into the truck only to find that almost every clip had snapped. Remembered to put in the rearward screw to the front flares. Replaced the wiper assembly bushings, then painted the wiper assembly frame.

Hooray, it feels more truck-like!

went mudding for a bit after work...then spent more than I cared to to get it out.

devised a plan to make cleaning mud inside the bedside easier....just drill out spot welds on the inner fender well between the inside bedside an the outer skin, remove it, replace with a few braces. then It doesn't have the rust point on top of the inner well in the rear, and I can spray front to back inside the bedside to prevent rust.

also cutting the rear lower quarter sections off this weekend and perhaps finishing my bumper.

uploaded pictures of it from last friday when I went to play in the mud :D

didn't get any while wheeling...was busy fixing it for part of the time. sheared the shift fork right off my axle disconnect and couldn't stay in 4wd

Hold and a sit down....... I found MAJOR FRAME RUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am near devastation about it!!! I took it off the road until it gets warm enough that I can access the damage, but it doesn't look street worthy as is. I will be putting the TJ back on the road for the short term. SO, the AT's on the MJ come off and go on the TJ. The TJ's 35's go in the shed.

I THINK I will be able to repair this, but Its worse than what I can see as there is some discoloration that I am sure of rust coming thru the undercoating. I'm thinking I'll cut out the bad, make up templates. From 3/16 steel make inside and outside repair panels. Drill a bunch of 1/2" holes for welding. THEN, for additional strength, drill for 1 1/4" tubing thru everything in at least three spots. This way I can tie inside to outside AND the "frame" in between. I am thinking the area effected will run from center top of rear wheels forward to the back of the cab. Its REALLY BAD!!!!

CW

nope is not hooked up. its on my list for the spring. PM if u no any secrets :brows: thanks

If you haven't already, you should at least tie it up so the big swing arm is about parallel to the ground.

. I found MAJOR FRAME RUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CW

I feel your pain. My gray 90 turned out to be way worse than I was figuring when I bought it (based on my experience with my 88). :( That (and needing a new fuse box) have sidelined the project for over a year now.

Not what I got done, it's what I didn't get done. getting ready to start on the soa conversion, I took my old stock leaf packs apart (all 4 of them), selected the leafs I'll be using to build 2 good packs, and bolted them together using a spare pair of bolts I had left from the Suburban. Then I find out the heads are too large to fit in the perches. :mad:

Unless I find a place that has them in stock that is open on Sunday, I'll be sidelined until Monday, when it's supposed to be raining. Don't believe the place I usually go to is open Sundays.

Finished lifting the MJ today, and sure, why not... the rear D/S is about 2 1/2" too short and the front needs to be extended also. I knew this was a possibilty going in, but I didn't expect to end up with 6" :eek: of lift, either, just from a SOA conversion. The Mopar perches are tall, but hopefully the spring packs will settle down soon, and she will come to rest around 4 1/2-5" of lift.I guess that this means that as soon as I get D/Ss' made it is time to head for the woods. :banana: :clapping: Oh, and the new exhuast system is sooo quiet, I can actully drive off from the house with my wife sitting on the front porch, and her not hear me. :brows:

After being assured by customer service they are in stock I drove an hour to Summit Racing to pick up some leaf spring center bolts as well as 2.5"x7" square U bolts. Get to the sales counter and find out they don't have any in stock :headpop: The guy looked again after I told them I was told they were in stock, and found out they are....

In the Nevada store! He also told met o use the extension for the cashier's desk and ask them to connect me to the sales desk as customer support don't know their behind from a hole in the ground. Then I still had an hour drive ahead of me to get home :fs1:

Did what I could without the new center pins and U bolts. Got the axle off truck, got 3" lift springs off axle, got one spring pack temporarily bolted together to measure thickness and mocked up one side to take some measurements. Using these perches, D35 axle and stock 3+1 springs will lift you between 5.5" and 5.75" above the same springs sprung under.

Tomorrow I will get new center bolts and U bolts at my usual source just down the road to mock everything up under the truck and see how the truck sits. and if I have to change anything on my spring packs. Hopefully I can get it all where I want it so I can tack the new perches into place.

Figured out that the crossmember is going to have to come down a little bit. Of course, this was AFTER burning in the spring perches fully. :mad: Just wasted $9.17. :grrrr: Going to go and order another set in the AM.

went to start mine and it started on fire. burned the hood up pretty good.

Dear G-bus, why? :eek:

I've only done that once, and it happend while driving... and wasn't really a fire... just smoldering wire cutting through vacuum hoses and lots of smoke...