what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Replaced busted front shaft with a new ABS shaft with 5-760x u-joint. Had to remove the ABS sensor ring to fit on a 87 (89 and older) hub.

Then took it to the hardware store for a new cotter pin for the spindle nut lock, followed by the boy scouts' recycling station to drop off about 10 empty milk jugs.

Loaded some tools in it, since it is going to go play "farmtruck" today while I am cleaning out fencelines and hauling stuff around (brush, haybales, feed, etc...).

I'm with Wade.

goblazers, stop filling the thread with your worthless crap.

anyways, I picked up 19 hockey pucks (future use) and am doing my front bumpstops today.

last night, while diagnosing my popping steering, I discovered some crackes in the uniframe rail on the driver's side and deduced that they are to blame....so pulled the bumper off and started making a steering box brace, then I'm gonna stop-drill the cracks, weld them, and plate the inside of the frame rail where the cracks are.

Vacuumed the AC system I just put in, Charged it only to find the compressor not getting power for the clutch. I now need to go throught the wiring for the ac and find where my problem lies. After I get all that working I can then start on my 4x4 conversion!

What happened? Kicked it too hard? :D

Got too drunk and burned my self bad this weekend on a fire pit.

I like to hear everything that goblazers does to his manche. isn't that what this thread is about, posting every little insignificant thing that you do to your comanche? Oh yeah I haven't seen mine yet today.

Took one rear brake apart, cleaned out all dirt and sand, put it back together. Drinking a mug of tea now before heading out to do the other one.

One trip off road and my brand new shoes are ground down to less than half the brake material. Might be able to get a second trip out of them, then might as well install brakes on the new axle and put it under. If those drum brakes will also only last two off road trips, I will get a Ford 8.8 with disc brakes to throw it under there.

Here's an excerpt of the the price list of my new favorite yard:

REAR END (DISC BRAKE TYPE COMPLETE) $101.00

REAR END HOUSING (BARE) $35.64

REAR END W/DRUMS $71.29

REAR END W/O DRUMS $56.45

So $101, and they have like 35 Explorers.