what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

moved it and gave the POS a nasty look.

then moved my 89 and my bro's 86 and had a guy drop off a dumpster to throw away all of my scrap metal parts into. dumped one good 4.0, one 2001 4.0 with a cracked head and piston, a crappy 2.8, a few dana 35's, 5 n207's, a set of turbine rims with crappy tires, set of front fenders, a bunch of wiring harnesses, etc.

so far doing good. he would only take the aluminum rims w/ tires so I need to get rid of all the other steelies...3 sets w/ crappy tires and 2 sets of crappy tires off rims tomorrow.

now I only have a bunch of alfa romeo parts, some doors and hoods, two dana 30's and two chryco 8.25's as well as a bunch of shelled out ax4's and ax5's. on a rainy day I'll build a few good trannies and sell them off. also have an ax15, two np242's and one np231.

good day. I'm quite happy to be dumping off all these parts....it has gotten to a point where my "friends" who I basically GIVE parts to get mad when I tell them that they have to come on my time schedule for parts. so F*CK 'em. no more parts for them, and minimal parts for me.

Tried to install the cluster set that i picked up in the junkyard only to find out the speedometer is not the same hook-up :fs1:

Will have to go back to the doner vehicle to see if the cable is the same set-up/type.

Flipped it off, cursed at it like a drunken sailor and wiped all the "leak detecting" Baby powder off the floor boards so I can drive it to work tomorrow

How is that possible? I thought rust was illegal in California... :???:

Flipped it off, cursed at it like a drunken sailor and wiped all the "leak detecting" Baby powder off the floor boards so I can drive it to work tomorrow

How is that possible? I thought rust was illegal in California... :???:

I thought so too... This truck must have taken a road trip at some point and run into some of the wrong crowd...

Well... I've been away for the better part of the past year and was doing some clean up on the truck this afternoon. I was under the hood checking things out and I popped the airbox open and found that there was no paper left on my air filter just the gasket and metal screen. :grrrr: The paper was all shredded laying in the bottom of the box. Upon further investigation it seems like some critter, probably mice, made a home out of my airbox while I was gone. I'm guessing they chewed off all the paper and made a nice place to bed down away from the Michigan winter. It all started to make sense when I started to clean out the airbox and it smelled like piss.

Needless to say I spent some time cleaning up under the hood this afternoon... Good as new now though! :D

found all of my 4.5" lift parts.

prepping them, then throwing them in the 87 with my other set of axles (3.73 disco front converted to non-disco shafts, dana 44 rear which needs the 3.73 trac-loc carrier and gearset installed), then putting my 31x11.50 superswampers on for wheeling, my 31x10.50 dayton timberline a/t's off of the 3800 will be the street tires.

only thing I'm missing that I will need is spring perches, and shocks.

everything in it will go in the 3800.

I fixed the bad mount and remounted the bed today after work!!

What do you'll think of my fabbing?

Here is the bed on the frame...

It won't run as the gas tank is still out so the winch gets lots of use bringing it out and putting her back in the garage!!

CW

Hey CW , I was thinkin' of leavin' my MJ in your driveway for a while , I recon it would be much better for the visit . Nice work :cheers:

Bring it down!! I just restocked the fridge with fresh some cold ones!! I don't drink many, any-longer, so there is more for my friends!!

CW

Hey CW , I was thinkin' of leavin' my MJ in your driveway for a while , I recon it would be much better for the visit . Nice work :cheers:

Bring it down!! I just restocked the fridge with fresh some cold ones!! I don't drink many, any-longer, so there is more for my friends!!

CW

We're doin' a trek in Sept. , B.C. to the Maritimes then back thru the U.S. ,so there might be an opportunity to swing by for a cold one . :cheers:

EPICALLY FAILED at removing my bed this afternoon!!! rofl.gif

darn gas tank won't come out cry2.gif

Maybe its rusted in place?? Did you take the filler neck out?

Here is the run down for tank removal:

1) Mark and loosen clamps on fuel and return line. (They are different sizes, but easily mistaken.)

2) Unplug fuel pump.

3) Unplug the main breather hose at the tee.

4) Remove gas cap and remove 4 nut-screws form filler neck.

5) Block up tank and loosen three "J" Bolts in the center of the body holding the tank in place. You shouldn't need to completely remove these. As it gets loose, push up on the tank and they will lift out of there holes. Make a note of which strap goes where, they are all different.

6) Unscrew the hose clamps on the filler hose and breather hose from behind the fender.

7) Lower the tank out feeding the filler hoses off the top side of the frame.

8) YOUR DONE!!! Have a beer!!! :yes: :brows:

Good luck!!

I almost forgot my addition to this thread!!! :shake: :shake:

The MJ LIVES!!! She fired right up this evening!!!! I finished up the bed install. I had to drop the tank twice with little problems. Those DAMN FILLER HOSES ARE A BIOTCH!!! :fs1: :headpop: :D But I got it done!!!!! I washed her UP and tomorrow we clean the interior and maybe replace the head liner. Then, we have some cruising to do!!!

CW

Well those "J" shaped bolts are rusted in there pretty good and I don't have a deep enough socket to get at em. Sprayed the heck outta them with PB Blaster but still no cigar. So how loose do I have to get it before I can just lift it out of the holes in the bed?

Well those "J" shaped bolts are rusted in there pretty good and I don't have a deep enough socket to get at em. Sprayed the heck outta them with PB Blaster but still no cigar. So how loose do I have to get it before I can just lift it out of the holes in the bed?

Un-thread the nuts so that they remain on the studs and push up on the tank/strap. This should be sufficient for removal.

But, If they are that bad, just chop them. They are easily made with threaded rod and nuts. Chop up the rod and heat one end with a propane torch and bend to a "J" or tight "L". Mine where way rusted too, but cleaned up almost like new!!! My new straps I picked up last year from EBay where shorter than stock. I have to make one new "J" bolt too.

CW