what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Replaced the starter - pushed it way beyond my first notice of a problem and still got lucky enough to fix it at home instead of having it fail in some parking lot somewhere.

Was surprised to see a Mitsubishi label on the old piece. Sometimes I feel more like an archeologist when I work on the truck, just peeling back the layers of years of curious repairs and replacement work. It's never boring.

Cut out the top of my raised inner fenders and started reworking them for another inch of space. The cutoff wheel, torch and welder have been my main toys... Let's not forget the BFH thou. :brows:

:cheers:

Added 2" lift blocks I had laying around to my XJ.

Before:

After:

I also replaced a bad front axle U joint yesterday and noticed the (1994) shaft itself is quite a bit thicker than my original (1987) MJ axles. Why would they redesign axles make them bigger and I assume stronger, if the weak point is the 5-260x U joints?

Inspected the rear brakes as well. Driver side needs a new adjuster, everything else is A-OK.

I didn't do anything to my jeep today but I might do something to it tomorrow.

go blazers f the rockets

This was another wasted moment of my life I will never get back.

BLAZERS

SUCK!!!

talked about it at a bar

Quit wasting bandwidth and padding your post count with you stupid BS responses.... :thwak:

I noticed that your post count has been padded on this page of the thread just as much as mine. :dunno:

Oh yeah I just remembered that yesterday I thought about my jeep while making a sandwich

talked about it at a bar

Quit wasting bandwidth and padding your post count with you stupid BS responses.... :thwak:

I noticed that your post count has been padded on this page of the thread just as much as mine. :dunno:

Oh yeah I just remembered that yesterday I thought about my jeep while making a sandwich

you, and goblazers, need to stop being immature dumbasses.

successfully recovered my friend's cherokee...which easily weighs 1000 lbs more than my truck with the exo cage, winch, etc. on it. my tires were bald.

also, not so succesfully, attempted to recover a full size 90's bronco, which weighs 5800lbs.

the rescue truck was stupid and had bald tires, so he got stuck trying to get to the property we were at (friend's house near his field). go figure, it's a ford.

then on the way out, I got stuck...everyone was attempting to get the "rescue vehicle" un-stuck, so I figured I'd rock it out. I did, but it seems like it may have cost me an aw4.

so, looks like we may be able to chalk up an aw4 to my long list of blown transmissions :clapping:

the trans is draining now, I will be flushing it and putting lucas trans fluid in to see if I can get her to make it a while longer. was real doggy on the way out lol.

*shrug*

i put my truck on the lift at work to make sure the bolts for the front diff were tight. i ended up snapping one of upper bolts that bolt it into the unibody. i was sooo pissed. but at least i had spare ones at maddzz1's house. had to borrow a car to go get it. yay!! I'm bout half way to having 4x4!!!!!!