what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

remounted the front bumper, discovered that repairing the frame cracks didn't stop the popping. then discovered that the popping is actually two different things:

1....only one bolt holding the column to the firewall. so it twists and the steering shaft pops.

2....the steering box is probably fubar'd. I just don't feel like adapting my pump right now to put the AGR box in.

grabbed my plasma cutter back from my grandpa so I can put a hole in the passenger coil bucket for the bumpstops.

wired my CB straight to the battery

pulled the dash bezel out so I can put my external CB speaker where the cigarette lighter is. gonna relocate the cig. lighter to the knee board and add a second one in today, then call it good.

removed shock boots, cleaned interior, began acquiring what I'll need for painting it, and put the sway bar back on with a couple new pins for the RC disconnects.

but now I'm thinking of grabbing hardware to pop my 4.5" JKS quiker discos on it...need to mod them to fit.

What pouring rain? We are in the middle of a heat wave with 85 degrees and perfectly blue sky here in Ohio. Average high for this time of year is ~60.

Being as you're 540 miles from me, weather conditions may vary. :nuts:

Took the 87 into work this morning to see if I could figure out the wiring for the AC. Thanks to the downloadable 1988 service manual PDF from one of our other esteemed members, I was able to find a better wiring harness diagram and found that I just needed to add a relay to it and have the unused pins from the dealer installed AC connector hooked to the relay, etc. etc. etc.... and viola! it works!!! Still need to add refrigerant oil to the system though, so no real tryout till next week....someone locked up the AC machine at work, and it has the oil injector I need to put the oil in. Next project... Install the 4:10 rear axle, then the front axle then the trans and transfer case. Maybe next weekend I can start on that! :brows: :brows: :brows:

I drove it to the jefferson swap meet

developed death wobble....gonna remove EVERYTHING in the front end and start over with fresh joints everywhere, and finally put the AGR steering box in.

while I'm doing that (several weeks away) I'll sand a different header panel for ot that's not pitted so bad, and paint the truck. also gonna plate the frame at least on the driver's side.

anyways, picked up a wrangler (unknown classification i.e. yj tj cj) tuffy lock box WITH pioneer deck and remote for $75, and got my 97 header (in immaculate shape) with headlight buckets, turn signals, one bezel, and one side marker for $60

my brother bought 35x12.50 mud terrains (similar tread pattern to BFG) on cragar soft 8's with the right bolt pattern for $350

and got some KC fog lights as well.

:D

threw my bro's 35's on it. he's thinking he wants to go bigger, but he wants the rims.

fine by me...this thing looks ridiculous now.

also put the tuffy lock box in the truck...mocked up for now but it's very nice, fits perfect with my xj rocker seats (slightly higher seats...the factory center console was too low b4 but it's perfect height now), and pulled my camo seat covers out of the cover to discover that the white...has a pinkish hue. time to bleach :P