what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

I remounted my rear shocks!!! Almost straight up and down. :D :D

Cleaned my new gas tank. Its ready for a coat of POR 15!!

Picked up the balance of the steel needed to finish the frame fix!!! Absolutely lucked into a piece of custom bent "U" channel steel. Its .125 thick and will fit around the bottom of my frame and go 1" up the sides of the new steel. Should be great, strong finished product.

Pics in my build thread later...

CW

Pulled the bench seat, carpet and all other nessasary parts to look at the floor. Found it wasn't that bad. Sanded, primed and repainted the floor with bedliner.

Put my exhaust back on after it fell off. Everything front the front pipe back fell off in one piece. Came off off road last month and my daughter's boyfriend put it back on. Must not have tightened the clamps enough...

Put my exhaust back on after it fell off. Everything front the front pipe back fell off in one piece. Came off off road last month and my daughter's boyfriend put it back on. Must not have tightened the clamps enough...
Throw a tack weld on the pipe. Every one I have ever done has loosened up with time. But never after a couple tack welds!!

You guys are all copying these updates into your build threads, yes?

Most of the time I only record the simular info, not copy/paste. But yes it is in both places.

I got all the repair panels welded to the frame today!! YAAHOO!!! Almost 4Lbs of WIRE!!!!!!

Pics and full story in my build thread.

CW

Drove my 2.5 on the highway today... forgot how decent it really did at speed. Its been probably a year or so since ive taken it on the highway, though the wife has taken it several times. I think the cold air tube helped a little at that speed. I did find a wheel vibration at 55 mph, so will have to re balance the wheels...still need to recharge the AC too.

Those have got to be the sexiest hood vents I've seen on a Comanche.

What are they off?

early 90's Lumina Z34

X2 I owned a 1991 Z34 they are 2 doors with spoilers and 3.4 engine.

What are they off?

early 90's Lumina Z34

well no offense but they're ooogly.

at least in white. if the front bumper was actually painted up black, header panel properly to match the chief stripes, and hood vents in black, then it would be kosher with me lol

What are they off?

early 90's Lumina Z34

at least in white. if the front bumper was actually painted up black, header panel properly to match the chief stripes, and hood vents in black, then it would be kosher with me lol

Looks cool to me. R there drip pans on the underside of the hood, or does the rain just keep the engine temp down? Nothing like a good steam clean!

What are they off?

early 90's Lumina Z34

actually the front bumper is black...used some crappy paint so it faded...going to powdercoat it instead of paint...and the whole truck is going to paint so everything matches...i figured no point to paint the header white if I'm going to remove all the strips anyway and repaint.. :smart:

Looks cool to me. R there drip pans on the underside of the hood, or does the rain just keep the engine temp down? Nothing like a good steam clean!

The drip pans attach underneath the hood to the bottom of the vents so the water stays off the electronics...wouldnt have done these w/o them...LOL

Took the MJ wheeling for the first time this weekend. It did really well. No issues at all. Then last night, a few of us decided to do a night run. I was on a real off camber spot and was on the verge of flopping, according to someone behind me.

I was in a hurry to back up a little and didn't see that the XJ behind me was right there. I backed right into his bumper and dented my tailgate up pretty good. He felt really bad about it, but hey, s*** happens. He kept saying that he would get me a new tailgate. I told him not to worry about it.

On my way home today, I stopped by a junkyard just to see what there might be. In the last row of trucks, the last truck was a beat up gray MJ...with a perfect tailgate. $40 later and I'm a happy camper.

How lucky is that?