what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Installed new Faux Wood dash surround , dash/floor courtesy lites ,98 XJ grill ( no front clip , just popped it in but i'll have to fab a 1/2" filler strip on each side ) The mix of styles looks good . :D

i pulled the crapet out, what a pain in the a$s that was. to get the carpet out i had to pull the seat, that was expected. but the nuts were so rusted and corroded some of them had to be cut off. but the really bummer was that i had to remove the seat belts. i was a little choked on the part. and when i finally got everything out and looked at the floor i had a few choice words and called her a day. i'll post picks when i do my build up page.

Finally got my seatbelt replaced...what a pain that bottom torqx bolt is! :fs1:

My driver side bolt was stuck pretty good back going back in...I was afraid of busting the bolt...it's only about 1/2 way in now...

Wait... you put the Torx bold back in??? WHY? :eek: Run down to the hardware store and get a new hex bolt!

After the ordeal getting those stupid things out I will never, ever put one back in.

Wait... you put the Torx bold back in??? WHY? :eek: Run down to the hardware store and get a new hex bolt!

After the ordeal getting those stupid things out I will never, ever put one back in.

That's 'cause you live in WI (or points north). In vehicles that have lived south of the MD line their entire lives, most all bolts, Torx included, come out pretty easily, although a little persuasion is sometimes nesessary. If it comes out in good shape, I always reuse them, w. a generous dose on anti-seize applied. :cheers:

That's 'cause you live in WI (or points north). In vehicles that have lived south of the MD line their entire lives, most all bolts, Torx included, come out pretty easily, although a little persuasion is sometimes nesessary. If it comes out in good shape, I always reuse them, w. a generous dose on anti-seize applied. :cheers:

agreed.

but I do like my rust-free trucks...removing the bolts in them is easy.

for all the other ones, it's just an excuse to use the torch. jamminz.gif :brows:

Finally got my seatbelt replaced...what a pain that bottom torqx bolt is! :fs1:

My driver side bolt was stuck pretty good back going back in...I was afraid of busting the bolt...it's only about 1/2 way in now...

The Torx Head wasn't the problem....It was the threads...I hope I wasn't crossthreading and hosing up the hole...

i drove it for the first time in 4 months!!!!

it doesnt stop too well though lol. gotta adjust the prop valve and rear brakes. But for the 2 miles i drove it, it drove and rode pretty dang good.

sweet.

so you're coming over soon to test flex?

it doesnt stop too well though lol. gotta adjust the prop valve and rear brakes. But for the 2 miles i drove it, it drove and rode pretty dang good.

sweet.

today would have been a perfect day to do that. this weekend is looking pretty chitty. maybe next weekend.

sweet.

today would have been a perfect day to do that. this weekend is looking pretty chitty. maybe next weekend.

you got time? I don't have work today or tomorrow.

i don't think i can do it today, have to head to class in a bit. I'm supposed to work tomorrow, but if i don't i will give you a buzz.

k.

I'm headed off to get my rock rails started hopefully done.

tomorrow afternoon I have to leave around 12:30 to get my friend's alfa romeo and my alfa romeo.