what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

tim, how's your recovery going?

and just because you can't work on it, doesn't mean that I can't come and do the work while you guide me to what you want done! jamminz.gif

I'm busy this weekend but more than willing to spend a weekend on it the following.

Sounds good. jamminz.gif Recovery is slow that's why I'm up this late, more pain pills. My body tells me when 4 hours have gone by. I'm off of work until April 14th minimum now. Just give me a call sometime, I'm a prisioner here since I can't drive.

BTW I need the number for the guy with the V-8 for me.

...Bout 100mph....

img00075.jpg

Not really... just picked up from the 4.10 Regear and haven't swapped speedo gear (not sure I got the right one...)

1st gear goes by awful fast now, but 5th is actually usable...

Can sure feel a difference...

SW2

you have 33" tires or 34" tires? I have the right gears for those

Pulled the rear axle out of the donor truck, cleaned it, painted it, installed the new stainless braided brake line, cleaned and inspected the rear brakes which look like new, and then temporarily put it back under the donor, SOA.... it looks cool like that, can't wait till I do it for real!

Adopted an '88 MJ that some one dumped in my driveway. BEFORE I got to go anywhere... :fs1: :fs1: At least let me LEAVE the house before stuff gets dropped off. Oh well. The title is junked and it is a base "sportruck" anyway... anybody need 2.5 stuff? I thinkthat I know what farm it came from, so the title IS junk. But, it has a better bed than mine, a bedliner, with tailgate piece, factory slider window, and a grey interior with mini console and bench seat. Lots of color match parts there. And a friend wants me to come over tomorrow and haul off the Grand Waggy behind the barn.... jamminz.gif :cheers: More parts, just in time for the weekend. :banana: :banana:

Adopted an '88 MJ that some one dumped in my driveway. BEFORE I got to go anywhere... :fs1: :fs1: At least let me LEAVE the house before stuff gets dropped off. Oh well. The title is junked and it is a base "sportruck" anyway... anybody need 2.5 stuff? I thinkthat I know what farm it came from, so the title IS junk. But, it has a better bed than mine, a bedliner, with tailgate piece, factory slider window, and a grey interior with mini console and bench seat. Lots of color match parts there. And a friend wants me to come over tomorrow and haul off the Grand Waggy behind the barn.... jamminz.gif :cheers: More parts, just in time for the weekend. :banana: :banana:

PM Sent.

all i can do is miss my jeep now that the frame is bent and i can't dd it anymore

I'm stuck with a 1/2 ton 95 sliverado with a V6 :ack: :ack: and a 5-speed stick :ack:

the truck is way under powered

did some looking and found out at the crank the 4.3vortech V6 :ack: olny has 155-160 hp

our 4.0 I6 has more hp and torque and they cramed it into a smaller truck that holds about the same weight :doh:

i miss my jeep a lot :(

Damn, that bites. Is the MJ not fixable at all, or do you not want to chop the framerails and rebuild it? I manged to bend one side "up" so I pulled the bed, relief cut the frame rail, and pressed down on it with a backhoe. I then welded/plated the cut and called it a day.

gave the keys to my bro and took the keys for this

jamminz.gif

p.s.

I don't know why anyone complains about lost visual clearance from a snorkel...it didn't hinder my vision at all (matter of fact, I could only see the very top...the end tube intake thingy lol)

I took the tcase out to rebuold it. Took the exhaust off to finish welding all the joints. Pulled the rear axle off to rotate the perches to eliminate my shims and to put a set of Yukon allys and all new bearings and seals in it.

Finally got the waterdams in the doors after procrastinating for over a month. Surprising what a good job they do keeping out road noise. While I was in there also fixed the the driver side power window from slamming to a stop on the way up. Turned out the nylon bushings on the weird bolt assembly that holds the regulator to the glass were toast.

camo-covered the headliner, installed it with the OHC and vanity wiring, fixed the low beams (pin came loose in the turn signal switch), swapped out the broken pass. tail light, fixed the power door locks, wired the interior lights.

swapped a tie-rod on my buddy's MJ, tightened down his drag-link and trackbar ends, swapped out the driver's seat base foam because the base was sagging and cracked, and put my tube bumper on the front of it.

then started sanding the "new" fenders, hood, and front clip for the 87.

yesterday I stripped down the 3800's block to nada, my dad's having it dipped at work along with the heads once I get them stripped.

pics tomorrow (they won't be fuzzy)